“We always go back...”

Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)
Ranked #29 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 13 June 2011

First I want to ask people not to send me hate mail! My last review was written honestly and I got a nasty email!

With that said, my husband and I have stayed at this hotel on three occasions and I have to say that we did not find one thing wrong with it.

To sum it up, the hotel has friendly staff, the rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable and the warm breakfast that is included in the price of the room is good and simple. There are fruit, muffins, yogurt, eggs, etc.

We will be staying there again for sure.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

We would like to thank you for the great review!! Its great to know you will be back, looking forward to seeing you in the future. Have a great week!!

Holiday Inn Express Quebec Staff

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)

Reviewed 1 June 2011

Pros:

Clean and modern rooms

Free wireless internet

Floating floors

Plenty of towels and pillows

Good selection of food (free breakfast)

Free parking

Free newspapers

Cons:

Calcium and lime build up on the tap of the hot water dispenser in the dining area.

Small counter top trash bin in the dining area (next to hot water dispenser) should be emptied regularly.

Sugar tray needs to be wiped clean.

Trash cans in the computer area should be emptied regularly. Trash was overflowing.

Would be nice to be greeted with a ‘Hello!’ When I come in, even if it’s at 10 pm.

Small pry bar left behind on floor of the foyer.

Overall it was a very pleasant stay. I would stay there again. These are all small details that can easily be improved by the hotel staff and it would take this hotel from good to great.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Governor13

Thanks for the nice review. Sorry to hear about the cons..we have check into this and are making the corrections to better serve you next time. Hope to see you again in the future. Have a great summer...

Managment
Holiday Inn Express Quebec

Reviewed 17 May 2011

Fresh modern decoration. Very quiet. Spotlessly clean. Delicious breakfast. However I'd like to point out one thing for improvement.

I appreciate the complimentary daily newspaper. But the way they delivered it is odd enough! Early in the morning (before 6 AM), hotel staff used an universal key card to open my room door and put the newspaper in then close the door, even though I have double locked the door and hung the "Do Not Disturb" sign outside.

The first morning I heard a scary sound (the door opening & closing). The second morning it woke up my wife.

I have to say that I had never seen such practice. (I'm not talking about the 1 page hotel bill being inserted under the door.) Why not, just like all the other hotels, leave the newspaper in front of the guest room door?

Despite this, I would still recommend the hotel to people who travel to Quebec city.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2011

Dear Gordyx,

First of all, I really wanted to thank you for this review. To be honest with you, this is the first time we hear about such practice. The news papers have always been left in front of the guest room door. As this is not possible for us to know the the exact date you were staying with us, can you please contact me directly at your earliest convenience?

Pascal Curodeau
Rooms Division Manager
p.curodeau@hiexpressquebec.com
418-653-9321

Reviewed 11 May 2011

Made a trip with my parents from Toronto to Fredericton, New Brunswick via Quebec City. Found the hotel no problem right off the highway with convenient and easy directions provided by the hotel. Ample parking and easy check in and out.

My parents were extremely impressed with the hotel's cleanliness and helpful staff, but most importantly, the breakfast was AMAZING. Hot eggs and meat, with cereal, yogurt, and fruit. Fellow travelers took items to go as well.

No problem with this stay. Very great experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank robby321
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2011

Thank you very much for the great review. We appreciate it. Its great to know you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again in the future.

Have a great summer.

Reviewed 2 March 2011

This Hotel is just beautiful.. Great breakfast, clean rooms & helpful staff. Not far from the malls & the Train. Really enjoyed my stay & I used the small but very good pool. I even slept which is hard for me in a motel. This Hotel will be the only hotel I stay in when to Quebec. In fact I will be there this month. Thanks Express..

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Beautiful023

Thanks for the great review !!!! Glad to hear you enjoyed our Hotel, hope to see you agian.

Have a great summer.

Reviewed 23 February 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel.
The rooms are very modern, clean, good size. Beds were super comfortable.
The rooms are great for people who have allergies, as they have hardwood floors.
The hotel is in a good location very easy to get around.
The buffet breakfast was probably one of the best that I've ever seen in a North American hotel (eggs, bacon, sausage, etc...)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PEIGurl17
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2011

Thank you very much, what a great review! We are very pleased when guests like you tell us about their stay at our property! We are trying hard to keep our standards as high as possible.

We hope will see you back with us soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2011

The hotel is very modern and clean both in the common areas and the rooms. The hard wood flooring and furniture were very comfortable. The location is close to major highways. While there is no associated resturant there are many very nice resturants within 3km. When one considers the price, this hotel stands near the top.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business