“New, modern hotel and friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)
Ranked #28 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Ottawa, Canada
“New, modern hotel and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Cleaning personnel were very thorough. Friendly staff. Quiet surroundings even though it is near the bridges. A good hot breakfast included. Coffee, tea 24 hrs. Comfortable bed... soft and firm pillows. Free parking and internet. Hotel newly converted to the HIExpress model which I appreciate when I travel south to Florida every year. I recommend room 322 for its view on the bridges and the river at a distance. Love my stay but too expensive if not at a discount.
A bit too far to walk to shopping centers. Really need a car to get to anywhere interesting.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, 15 June 2011
Thank you very much for the nice review. Its important to get feedback from our clients. Just a little information...during the summer season we offer a free shuttle to downtown. If we see you agian this summer you may find this helpfull... Thanks again, and hope you have a great summer.

Front Desk
Holiday Inn Express Quebec

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

First I want to ask people not to send me hate mail! My last review was written honestly and I got a nasty email!

With that said, my husband and I have stayed at this hotel on three occasions and I have to say that we did not find one thing wrong with it.

To sum it up, the hotel has friendly staff, the rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable and the warm breakfast that is included in the price of the room is good and simple. There are fruit, muffins, yogurt, eggs, etc.

We will be staying there again for sure.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We would like to thank you for the great review!! Its great to know you will be back, looking forward to seeing you in the future. Have a great week!!

Holiday Inn Express Quebec Staff
Montreal, Qc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

Pros:

Clean and modern rooms

Free wireless internet

Floating floors

Plenty of towels and pillows

Good selection of food (free breakfast)

Free parking

Free newspapers

Cons:

Calcium and lime build up on the tap of the hot water dispenser in the dining area.

Small counter top trash bin in the dining area (next to hot water dispenser) should be emptied regularly.

Sugar tray needs to be wiped clean.

Trash cans in the computer area should be emptied regularly. Trash was overflowing.

Would be nice to be greeted with a ‘Hello!’ When I come in, even if it’s at 10 pm.

Small pry bar left behind on floor of the foyer.

Overall it was a very pleasant stay. I would stay there again. These are all small details that can easily be improved by the hotel staff and it would take this hotel from good to great.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Governor13
Thanks for the nice review. Sorry to hear about the cons..we have check into this and are making the corrections to better serve you next time. Hope to see you again in the future. Have a great summer...

Managment
Holiday Inn Express Quebec
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

Fresh modern decoration. Very quiet. Spotlessly clean. Delicious breakfast. However I'd like to point out one thing for improvement.

I appreciate the complimentary daily newspaper. But the way they delivered it is odd enough! Early in the morning (before 6 AM), hotel staff used an universal key card to open my room door and put the newspaper in then close the door, even though I have double locked the door and hung the "Do Not Disturb" sign outside.

The first morning I heard a scary sound (the door opening & closing). The second morning it woke up my wife.

I have to say that I had never seen such practice. (I'm not talking about the 1 page hotel bill being inserted under the door.) Why not, just like all the other hotels, leave the newspaper in front of the guest room door?

Despite this, I would still recommend the hotel to people who travel to Quebec city.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, 19 May 2011
Dear Gordyx,

First of all, I really wanted to thank you for this review. To be honest with you, this is the first time we hear about such practice. The news papers have always been left in front of the guest room door. As this is not possible for us to know the the exact date you were staying with us, can you please contact me directly at your earliest convenience?

Pascal Curodeau
Rooms Division Manager
p.curodeau@hiexpressquebec.com
418-653-9321
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

Made a trip with my parents from Toronto to Fredericton, New Brunswick via Quebec City. Found the hotel no problem right off the highway with convenient and easy directions provided by the hotel. Ample parking and easy check in and out.

My parents were extremely impressed with the hotel's cleanliness and helpful staff, but most importantly, the breakfast was AMAZING. Hot eggs and meat, with cereal, yogurt, and fruit. Fellow travelers took items to go as well.

No problem with this stay. Very great experience.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank robby321
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, 16 May 2011
Thank you very much for the great review. We appreciate it. Its great to know you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again in the future.

Have a great summer.
Saint John NewBrunswick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

This Hotel is just beautiful.. Great breakfast, clean rooms & helpful staff. Not far from the malls & the Train. Really enjoyed my stay & I used the small but very good pool. I even slept which is hard for me in a motel. This Hotel will be the only hotel I stay in when to Quebec. In fact I will be there this month. Thanks Express..

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Beautiful023
Thanks for the great review !!!! Glad to hear you enjoyed our Hotel, hope to see you agian.

Have a great summer.
Prince EdwardsIsland, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel.
The rooms are very modern, clean, good size. Beds were super comfortable.
The rooms are great for people who have allergies, as they have hardwood floors.
The hotel is in a good location very easy to get around.
The buffet breakfast was probably one of the best that I've ever seen in a North American hotel (eggs, bacon, sausage, etc...)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PEIGurl17
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, 24 February 2011
Thank you very much, what a great review! We are very pleased when guests like you tell us about their stay at our property! We are trying hard to keep our standards as high as possible.

We hope will see you back with us soon!