“Great hotel, free deluxe breakfast, located right off the highway”

Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)
Ranked #29 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Great value hotel. The Spa is not really a spa but a small swimming pool (but the water is warmer, around 95F I would guess). The breakfast is great and free (eggs, bacon or sausages, etc..) but pretty crowded around 8AM. Consider going before or after this time. Great rooms with wooden floors. Flat screen TVs. Everything is clean and looks new (been renovated around 1 year ago).
Located right off the highway, close to the airport but not so close from downtown. Better if you have a car even if bus service is available.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Narsil13
HIEXPRESSQC, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2009

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We are glad you had a good time with us and hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2009

Friendly reception, but beware of the room!
We got room 304, probably one of the worst.
It's positioned in front of the elevator and has a half square meter window (at 1.60 height) with view on the roof and on the ventilation system.
Stinky corridors and not enough seats for breakfast.
Never again!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Bulacco26
HIEXPRESSQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2009

First of all, I really want to thank you for your review. We do appreciate that our guests be honest with us.

We are really sorry that you did not enjoyed your stay as much as possible and we hope to be able to serve you again in a near future!

Sincerly yours!

The Management

Reviewed 14 June 2009

Do check their website for the best deal. For the price I paid, it was definitely worth it even though it's a 10-min drive to the Old Town. Would be more convenient if you have a car (there's free parking). But there's a city bus which is a 15 to 20 minute ride. I think there's a free shuttle from the hotel during the weekends.

I had a room for 4 adults, it was spacious and was equipped with essentials like hair dryer, iron and mini-fridge. I liked the modern decor. Appreciated the all-day complimentary coffee/tea and computer terminals in the lobby. Breakfasts were adequate but would have liked some variety.

Overall, I liked it.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank travellingbackpack
HIEXPRESSQC, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2009

Thank you very much for your great comments, having great guest like you is why we are happy to work in a hotel every day. Thanks a again.

Reviewed 21 April 2009

We stayed for only one night. The room is clean, has a fair size with 2 double beds, wooden floor, LCD TV set, nice and clean bathroom with hair dryer. Local telephone calls are free as well as internet Wi-Fi! AC/heating system is quiet and controlled by a wall thermostat. Buffet breakfast is basic. Ckeck in was under 5 minutes. From the exterior, it is very low key. For 99$, it is a very good choice.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank panasia
HIEXPRESSQC, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2009

Thank you very much for your comments, we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2009

Our family stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in Ste.Foy which was about an easy 10 mins to Vieux Quebec in Quebec City during the Spring Break. At first I was hesitant because I only saw 3 reviews on Tripadvisor but reading that it was newly renovated to a modern theme and the free breakfast and parking included, I booked for a total of 3 nights and I did make the right decision for our family. The room I reserved ( 2 Queens) was ready when we arrived earlier than the 3pm check in time. It smelled new & fresh. Beds were new, there were 4 pillows in each bed with your choice of soft & firm ones. The hardwood floor gave it a clean, modern look. The bathroom had a tub with a big shower head which our son enjoyed. It had a clean granite counter top. An air conditioner, a flat screen TV, a personal refrigerator & coffee maker are also in the room. Everything was new in the room. Sights in Quebec City were accessed through the main street Laurier parallel to the hotel's street. There were restaurants 2-3 mins away and the reception desk was always helpful in directions. Thanks Maxime. The daily hot breakfast was enjoyed by us particularly our children each morning. There was free Internet connection in the rooms for Priority Club members which you can sign up for free in the hotel website. Of course there are computers beside the Dining area which can be used by guests with 24 hours free coffee. The rates are cheapest in their website as well. Oh did I memtion that the biggest mall in Eastern Canada is also about 5 mins away? There is a bus stop in front of the hotel & going to Old Quebec takes only CAD 2.00 per way. During our visit, there were still snow on the side streets and some streets had shops closed for the season. So after walking through Old Quebec in one day, the children enjoyed the following day in Les Galleries de la Capitale which had an indoor amusement park. This is also minutes away from the hotel but in the opposite direction from Old Qubec. With CAD 95.00++ per night that comes with free breakfast & free parking, nothing can beat the value of our stay in Holiday Inn Express. I am glad I made the right choice.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank mcmina
HIEXPRESSQC, Front desk at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2009

Thank you for the great review! We are extremely pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and hope you will have the chance to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2009

I stayed in this hotel, and it is really nice, except for a weird situation in which I returned to my room and found my room door open and all my drawers open in my room. I complained to front desk and got $20 off my room stay. This has never happened to me before, so I'm not sure if it was room service or some kind of robbery... Luckily I took my laptop with me for the day.

Clean hotel, right in Ste-foy hotel district, beside the bridge to the south shore... I wish it was slightly cheaper, $114 per night is a bit much in the winter, I would suggest $90, for what you get. There is another hotel in town that I like better, that gives me rooms for $85, plus the free breakfast deal too.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Billy Talent W
HIEXPRESSQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2009

Good day from Quebec!

For the situation you have mention above, the procedure is to let the door open for vacant rooms only. It probably was a beginner mistake. Be sure that situation as been corrected and wont ever happen again. Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed 25 February 2009

buisness or leisure trip. It's very clean, beds are very comfy, breakfast is included , from 6h to 10h30 and from my point of view (i travelled a lot so i've seen one and another one before) it's more of a brunch then what we can call a breackfast and it's very good , even the coffee is perfect!
Location is perfect, close to the highway, but not sitting on it, so no noise when you go to bed. The hotel it self was renovated not too long ago , so hadrdwood floor in the rooms, asian , modern but still not shoking look, it's very nice place to stay, feels like home , but with a little kick of luxury , you will have to sit in the lobby next to the 3 faces fireplace, amazing!
Thanks Again,
The Boutin,Family

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank LineBoutinActress
HIEXPRESSQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2009

Thank you for your nice comments! We always appreciate our guests view! Check out our up coming promotions!