We went there for a short family trip on january 4th 2014. We took a suite because we were four and I wanted some privacy for my couple. The staff is good and the hotel overall clean. There were two major problems with our room.
First, the temperature in Quebec that night was minus 30 celsius; the heating system just could not cope so we ended up being on the uncomfortable side all night. We had a corner unit and the common room was heated only by two, probably 300 watt, wall heater; clearly insufficient.
Second, my two daughters could not sleep all night because the sofa bed mattress was completely warn out. It should have been changed years ago.
For those two reason I give it only three stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern Old Quebec hotel is a 5-minute walk from the Notre Dame de Quebec Cathedral and 2 blocks from the Museum of Civilization. It features on-site dining. A full kitchen with oven, stovetop, and refrigerator is part of each suite at Hotel Port-Royal. Hardwood in all the suites. The living area is furnished with a sofa and cable TV. Free Wi-Fi is provided. In the morning, guests can have elaborated continental breakfast at the Pub du Vieux port or delivered to their room if requested. The contemporary Pub du Vieux port boasts stone walls and plenty of seating. The Citadelle of Quebec is within a 15-minute walk of the Port-Royal Hotel. The shore of the Saint Lawrence River is only 1 block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'Hotel Port-Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Port-Royal Quebec City
- L'Hotel Port-Royal Quebec/Quebec City