We loved this hotel. What I loved most about the hotel was the sexiness - each side of the bed has a dimmer lamp and all the windows have very nice silk draperies that keep the sun out. There is a bose stereo system that we had playing soft french music the whole time. There was a cute glass table by a large bay window that we ate breakfast at each morning. This hotel made my trip and it was definitely a highlight. I will never stay in another hotel should I return to Quebec City. What we were looking for:
1. Romantic, yet modern. Did not want quaint/charming.
2. Parking and wireless internet
3. Location near cute Quebec City
4. No more than $200 per night
Hotel has parking right in front that is free parking until July 31 2010 - you must ask for it. Check out their website and tell them you saw free parking on website. It is directly across the street from the beginning of the cobblestone cuteness of Lower Town. Theres a bar and restaurant which looked super packed and super cool and a lounge/wine bar which also looked really chic on the premises. There is the Marche de Vieux Port walking distance which is like an indoor farmers market with veggies cheese pastries etc. Easily twenty restaurants, galleries, gelato shops, etc nearby. Walk to funicular that takes you to Upper Town was about 5 minutes through Lower Towns cobblestone cuteness again...
We stayed in the Junior suite which had a very nice kitchen that took up an entire wall - a minifridge, cooking range, lots of pantry space, sink, and all the pots and utensils and wine glasses. Four large bay windows with french doors that opened with screens. Flat screen TV that we never turned on. Nice bathroom with marble counters, full size blowdryer, tub with shower. Full desk with wireless internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern Old Quebec hotel is a 5-minute walk from the Notre Dame de Quebec Cathedral and 2 blocks from the Museum of Civilization. It features on-site dining. A full kitchen with oven, stovetop, and refrigerator is part of each suite at Hotel Port-Royal. Hardwood in all the suites. The living area is furnished with a sofa and cable TV. Free Wi-Fi is provided. In the morning, guests can have elaborated continental breakfast at the Pub du Vieux port or delivered to their room if requested. The contemporary Pub du Vieux port boasts stone walls and plenty of seating. The Citadelle of Quebec is within a 15-minute walk of the Port-Royal Hotel. The shore of the Saint Lawrence River is only 1 block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'Hotel Port-Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Port-Royal Quebec City
- L'Hotel Port-Royal Quebec/Quebec City