“Reasonably priced in Old Quebec!”

Restaurant Le Veau D'Or Enr
Ranked #264 of 1,525 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was one of our favorite spots while visiting Quebec City. We had a wonderful experience and love this restaurant. I had veal parmesan with a ceasar salad. My wide had French onion soup and a filet mignon. The food was very tasty, and we left very full and satisfied. There is a good selection for all taste buds and the cost won't break the bank. Service was very good and the staff were attentive, but not nosy. We highly recommend Le Veau D'Or for dining in Old Quebec.

1  Thank Bill J

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We dropby because the restaurant seemed full. It was not a mistake. La table d'hote ranged from 12-19$ which inluded soup, full course meal, desert and coffee. The crème d'asperge was very tasty. Pork filet medallions dijonnaise was my choice and with no regret. The pureed potatoes mixed vegtable were ordinary but the chocolat cake with it buttered chocolat icing was a treat. Excellent quality low price menu.

2  Thank docacadien
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Soup, entre including salad, veggies and potatoes with a choice of meat or fish, done to perfection and sugar pie, vanilla cake or plums for dessert all for under 20$ each, very impressed and satisfied!! Oh... I forgot to mention bread with the soup! Go there, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank DonLynski
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Found this restaurant as we were walking rue Saint-Jean. It was lucky we did as we had a great meal of scallops and salmon with accompaniments. The place was crowded and the staff was very gracious.

1  Thank unknowndiner
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Rue St Jean is full of restaurants and, it being a Saturday evening, most inside the old city walls were very busy when I visited. However, I found this place just a few dozen metres outside the walls. It was busy without being packed and there was a steady stream of customers all the time I was there. The menu offered plenty of variety and the food was good without being exceptional. My starter - French onion soup with cheese - was almost a meal in itself and was served with a basket of bread rolls, croutons and crackers. The main course - Veal a la Normande - was nothing special: too much sauce and not enough mushrooms for my taste, accompanied by some carrots and peas that looked as if they had been taken from a tin, as well as a couple of scoops of mashed potato and some green salad. However the veal was tender and, overall, the meal gets pass marks as does the restaurant itself.

1  Thank penguinbairn