“A true culinary experience!”
Review of Le Patriarche - CLOSED

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: Saint Jean
Description: Nestled in the heart of Old Quebec near the Saint-Jean Gate, with its 4 diamonds,the Patriarche beckons with its intimate setting and the refined decor of a beautiful, circa 1827 stone house. Inside, you'll discover that good things come in threes, as executive chef Stephane Roth shares his creativity with his celebrated "trilogies from the terroir"
Dalhousie, NB
“A true culinary experience!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

What an experience! First let me tell you about the service, because quiet honestly, I've had some terrible service in the last 10 days that we were in Quebec City, so to have this kind of service was a welcome change! Very attentive, welcoming and not at all over bearing, answered all of our questions with ease...

First, don't go there expecting to pay less than $100 per person, we were three at our table, one was 120$ and the other two hit 200$ Per person... I was one of them, and it was completely worth it!

I ordered the lamb tasting menu with the fois gras substitution, and the matching wine pairing! And I started with a glass of champagne, just because!

So we started with an amuse bouche of pigeon pate on a crouton, first time having pigeon and I would have licked my plate!! Then we had a piece of gibblet with a consommé and gelee of peppers I think... Then it was the trio of fois gras!! I it was absolutely spectacular!! A seared piece with black truffle, a pate, a roulade stuffed with lobster, then a lobster salad!!! Exceptional!!

The lamb trio had a lamb loin, a lamb ravioli, then a lamb sausage, all very good. Then we served a palette cleanser of pineapple shorbet.

And desert was either the death of chocolate trio or a trio of honey... I am actually surprised that I picked the honey but it sounded so good, and I was feeling adventurous. I am so glad I did, I am always a big fab of chocolate but this plate was exceptional!!,

All in all, one of my best meals ever! If you want a special night out, check this out, and don't forget to go downstairs to the wine cellar.

Also, the wine pairing was well worth it and excepptionally well done!,

Visited October 2013
1 Thank cajunsnowdog

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hawaii
“A positively great restaurant - well worth the price and search!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I looked at the TripAdvisor review for a French restaurant in Quebec expecting the usual steak diane, coq au vin etc

This was what we expected but this was not what we got!

What we got was an excellent meal, French in style but not traditional. Service was excellent and efficient.

The restaurant was difficult to find - especially when the address posted was St. Staniclaus but the taxi driver was able to find it using the address code (G5A2Y1) without any difficulty. Well worth the effort and the restaurant was able to call a taxi for us after our meal.

Definitely worthwhile!

2 Thank Diogenes_Sinope
“OMG - Not to be missed!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Words truly can't describe how fabulous our meals were. We ate at three of Quebec's top restaurants, and this one was TOP of the list. There is a serious "WOW factor" for the food (taste, as well as presentation) here. And although I usually resist filling up on bread, I couldn't resist trying the cheddar bacon roll...wow, I really could have just eaten those, all night. Can't even imagine how tasty the other breads might have been. Still salivating at the memory of this meal.

I was too full to finish dessert, so they kindly boxed it up for me, as well as the little maple candies that they give all guests at the end of the meal. Even those candies were incredibly delicious - little soft caramels with maple.

In addition, they were able to accommodate my husband's need for a gluten free meal - including providing gluten free bread...something we rarely see in the U.S.

This was a truly memorable meal.

1 Thank C-S-TravelersFromCA
Louisville, Kentucky
“Our Penultimate Old Quebec Feast!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The notable chef approaches the five course prix fixe dinner (and it took us a wonderful three hours) with presentation by "trilogy;" that is, each selection was brought cooked in three distinct manners. The service was superb, the cuisine matchless. And in an 1827 building. Pay attention, foodies, and don't miss Le Patriarche.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank troytjaden
Montreal, Canada
“Fantastic Trilogy”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

One of the best meals I've ever had. Our waiter was the owner, a charming gentleman. He explained every dish to us with great passion. We chose to let him suggest wines, and the suggestions were great. Some "out of the box" thinking, especially on the whites.
The concept here is based on the "trilogy". Everything is served in groups of three. If you order scallops for the first course, you get them three different ways, all exquisite:
Scallop in cuttlefish ink tempura, Belgian endive mousse
Tartar with lime and lobster oil, mussels and coriander foam
Boiled scallop with ginger and coconut milk
I had the "gibier" (game meat) for the main course, and it was divine:
Barded young wild boar, green beans, light tomato sauce with spices
Smoked pigeon breast filet, potato and celeriac cake
Caribou, stuffed zucchini, alder juice
This is one of these rare occasions where you are blown away by the talent involved, both in the design and execution of these wonderful creations. And when the wine pairing is up to par, it becomes a spiritual experience. The scallop in cutllefish ink tempura is a masterpiece. You get 2 or 3 bites of it, but who cares? You won't be hungry after this meal anyway.
Your boss won't like your expense report, but you only live once.

If you are anywhere near Quebec city, and you can afford it, hurry up and reserve a table. You won't regret it. Just tell your boss you had 6 clients with you, that's all...

3 Thank mon_onc_steph