“Awesome during spring and fall, issues during winter weather”

Siberia Station Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and discover our concept of outdoor relaxation based on a Scandinavian ritual consisting in an alternance of hot, cold and rest stations. Year-round, we invite you to experience our hot tubs, Finnish sauna, infrared sauna, steam bath, cold baths with thermal falls and mutiple relaxation aeras. We also offer massage under the supervision of well-known Michel Van Waeyenberge. Benefit from Californian, Swedish, Amma, Sports or Momentum massages, alone or in a double room.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Yesterday was my 5th visit to the Sybéria spa. It was my first experience at this spa during winter weather (-15 degrees with the Wind chill). I was aware of the cold and brough a tuque and lip balm to avoid my skin to crack, that was allright. I have nothing to say about the site itself, it is lovely and the staff is great - a young man in charge of the fireplaces asked me twice if everything was "à mon goût" and he was very polite, their staff is really 5 stars, this ain't the problem. I love the place and considered buying a year round membership card - but after experiencing it during winter time, I don't think I will.

The problem is while you are in the hot thubs, or cold showers, outside, it is more likely that your night coat and your towels are wet. So at -15, when you hang them outside and stay 15, 20 mins in the hot tub, they aren't usable anymore when you get out. My robe was frozen there - literraly with ice on it - and so was my towel. So you have to rush in the yourte or the other fireplace staton, without nothing to dry yourself or cover - and if there is no room in there, you are stock outside in a bathing suit. I left after an hour because I was too cold. While you don't have this problem during spring, summer or fall, I won't be going back before april or may that is for sure.

To the managers, you should have little cupboards with heathers close to the hot tubs where people can hang their stuff, because no one wants to go in every 15 mins to change their towels for an unfrozen one. I would also consider a 2nd yourte, or another kind of accomodation for people to warm up themselves because unlike summer, you can't just lay outside. Mine was literrly standing by itself, so was my nightcoat, so I left.

1  Thank EliiMaud
SiberiaStationSpa, Manager at Siberia Station Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Eliimaud,

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback regarding our spa and we are glad to see that you enjoyed a nice relaxing experience.

Winter time is the most popular season at Sibéria as it feels like a personal challenge to use outdoor heated spas, cold baths, relaxing area and just to walk around in bathing suit and bathrobe.

We thank you for your suggestion and we will definitely look into it. We are currently working on several future projects so we can enhance your experience.

Also, next time you will come to relax, it will be a pleasure for us to share with you some tips such as hang you bathrobe in the Finnish sauna or in the relaxing area where there are hooks where you can hang your bathrobe.

We hope to welcome you again for another relaxing time and that you will try again during winter time and maybe change your mind and become a member at Sibéria Spa.

All reviews
"hour massage"
"ice room"
"outdoor experience"

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Siberia Station is world class. This spa near Quebec City can successfully compete with any spa in Laurentides including even Le Scandinave. Great dry sauna, cozy yurts and beautiful grounds. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I recently enjoyed a relaxing day at Siberia spa. If you're in the Quebec region and are in need of R&R it's well worth the short drive. Upon arriving, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The young lady explained all their facilities and brought us on the patio to show us were everything was. The experience takes place outside. There are several hot tubs, cold tubs, saunas and relaxation areas. We paid extra and had relaxation massages. We loved it and left relaxed and rejuvenated. On the down side, they have no food service on site so they have to order out. The food wasn't great. My sandwich was pretty dry. Also, while the price for the day is very reasonable, I think it's unfortunate we have to pay an extra 7$ each for a robe. They should set a price robe included.

1  Thank Juls0382
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This is a Nordic style spa offering periods of Hot, Cold and Relaxation. Hot pools, Saunas and Steam. Cool pools and even a river for dipping. Alternate through the three phases and enjoy the day. You'll be offered a light snack, complimentary beverages and your own personal water bottle. If you fall asleep in the hammocks you won't be the only one.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The good: Friendly staff, great amenities and many spas and different varieties. Great places to relax, serene and GREAT location in the woods :) 15 minutes drive from Quebec City. Calm.

The bad: No Food, which for me is a big strike against them, HORRIBLE men's dressing room, so small and cramped, no lights for the showers so you're literally showering in the dark. Also SUPER hot in there, after our shower we were literally sweating like we were in a sauna and couldn't wait to get out. Very cramped, when you open the mens dressing room door you can literally see in from the outside and see people naked.

Overall had a great experience, but for the price point for a day to stay there, they need some sort of food service as well as better locker rooms. For me that's the only thing lacking about my experience.

1  Thank Thomas E
SiberiaStationSpa, Directeur général at Siberia Station Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Mr. Thomas E,

I would like to reassure you that we are aware about the issue in the men’s changing room and we are currently working on a solution to solve the problem regarding the temperature in the room. Also, this fall we are planning some renovation in the men’s locker room.

As far as food served on site, we are working with Yuzu sushi and offer lunch box twice a day (1:15 p.m. and 2:30 p.m) and we have granola bar on sale at the front desk. Also, we allow guest to bring their own snacks if they wish to. However, I would like to advise you that we currently working on several projects for the future and who knows, maybe a small food service on site will be included in those projects…

We hope to welcome you again for another relaxing time. You must try the Siberia’s Experience during winter time, it is completely different and amazing.