“Disappointing”
Review of La Fenouilliere

La Fenouilliere
Ranked #151 of 1,506 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I brought my grandmother there for dinner in June and we were disappointed that the chef puts the exact same accompaniments to every protein served. My husband had steak and I had fish and bothe were cooked properly. However, a good chef would change the side dishes to go with the meat and serving the same pre-prepared sides with fish and meat is very lazy. Desserts were too expensive for what we got. I kept hearing it was one of the best restaurants in Quebec but I would strongly disagree. I would not eat there again. Staff was nice but a little arrogant. We stayed at the best western attached to it. Nice hotel, comfy, modernized and the quality and price were good.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Breakfast was good, they had a nice assortment. The eggs were extremely soaked but taste ok. The 2 types of bacon was nice. Service was friendly, I would have breakfast there again....

Reviewed 24 May 2013

The restaurant and its staff were excellent... and worth getting off the road to enjoy. Great cuisine and formidable wine list.( also see hotel review)

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Had a group lunch at La Fenouillère... Fabulous! Everyone loved their lunch. Service was very attentive; nice choice of wines by the glass. The lunch table d'hôtel had quite a few selections to choose from; I don't eat meat and there was a very tasty fish on the menu. We were all able to get separate checks (not always easy when dining as a group); we were in and out before 2 PM, which is great for a group at lunch! Can't wait to go back for dinner!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

It was surprising to see such a great restaurant attached to a Best Western Hotel. At first glance it appeared a little on the pricy side, but after taking into consideration the service, ambiance and the meal it was well worth it. The hotel had a 15% discount which helped cover some of the costs. We had dinner at the restaurant and it is not somewhere I would recomment taking children, which worked out great for us.

1  Thank Pat F