“A nice cruise, but overpriced”
Review of Croisieres Coudrier - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Croisieres Coudrier
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I booked the 90-minute cruise ahead of time. Had I known of some of the other options I found out about once in town, I would have paid less and gone with another company.

My friend and I missed our cruise time. To the company's credit, even though the tickets were not supposed to be exchangeable, we were allowed on the evening cruise that night for no additional charge.

1  Thank JohannaEG
There are newer reviews for Croisieres Coudrier

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This cruise lasted from 10 am to 5 pm. Bilingual narration done well by crew member. Ship was very clean and crew were nicely uniformed, giving a very professional air to trip. Some difficulties encountered with English version of website. Despite saying on the website that we could buy sandwiches (not clear whether they meant on ship or on shore in the National Park), this proved not to be the case, but we managed with chips and chocolate. LOL. Parks Canada staff took over on land, and they were also excellent, as was the whole day, especially since we have Irish background.

1  Thank Jean D
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We enjoyed heading down the St. Lawrence to the Montmorency falls and seeing a little bit of the island. Not wheelchair accessible. Long stairs/gangway to get back up to the street level, tide was out when we returned. Not cheap - about $40 a person (we booked online). Not too crowded, which was nice - there were plenty of places to sit outside or under a roof, plus a snack bar/beer/soft drinks. 90 minutes was plenty.

1  Thank Careygirl
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The cruise itself was nice, out to the waterfall at night - smooth ride, sights were nice. We were the only English speakers on the cruise, so the guide came to our table and spent time after each of his narrations telling us about the sights. We actually probably got better information from our own special narration.

As others have said, the Image Mill is better viewed from the dock area and not from the boat. The captain got the boat into the best possible viewing area, but as someone else said, the glare on the windows made it very hard to see (especially the 3D). Add the boat rocking...and trying to view the show was not the best. Perhaps the viewing from the top deck would be better, but we were not upstairs...

We would do another cruise to see the sights, but not the Image Mill.

Reviewed 1 September 2009

In July, we visited Quebec City. In our preparation for the trip, we discovered the website for Croisieres Coudrier. It touted that the best way to see The Image Mill show was from their boats, so we booked the tour: a three hour tour of the harbor plus The Image Mill. The price was steep, but it seemed like a fun way to spend a Quebec evening.

We boarded the boat, and finding that most of the passengers were headed for the upstairs deck, we opted to sit inside the boat in the "lounge" where refreshments were sold. We first were taken aback by a woman who allowed her two young children to run wild, almost colliding into other passengers. No one from the cruise company went to inform this mother that she must control her children, even though the company would have been held liable if an accident had occurred. This was most distracting!

Next, a young woman crew member got on the intercom to do a guided tour of the harbor. She evidently was new at the job because she was reading from a script and was so intent on following her script that it was quite some time before she realized that the loud music was still on, drowning out her narrative. It took her a few minutes before she got the music turned off.

As we strained to hear our guide, we peered out the windows. We were sitting at long, white tables, and because the lights were on in the lounge, all we saw in the windows were reflections of the table. I went to a crew member and asked if he was aware that all we could see were reflections. His reply: "You can see everything upstairs." I looked at him and said, "But I'm not upstairs, and I paid $80 for this tour." He immediately went and dimmed the lights, although the reflections were still there, just not as intense.

Eventually, the tour ended and The Image Mill show began. The captain came to the lounge and turned out all the lights so we could see the images through the windows. Almost as soon as he left, the barrista turned them back on because she apparently didn't like working by flashlight. The captain came back down, spoke to her, and again switched off the lights.

The Image Mill was fantastic and amazing, but our view was somewhat obstructed because we were sitting on a boat in the harbor, close to the show, and we were looking through windows.

With the unruly kids, the unintelligible narration, the rude staff, and the obstructed views, I would have asked for an entire refund had the office been open when the tour ended. But, alas, they were closed, and our vacation continued the next morning full speed, so we couldn't go back to the tour office.

On our walk back to our hotel that night, however, we found ourselves on a sidewalk overlooking the harbor. To our dismay, we then realized that had we stood there, we could have had a free, unobstructed view of The Image Mill. I understand that the show will be repeated again next summer. To anyone traveling there, I not only urge you to find a spot overlooking the harbor to view it from, but furthermore, given all the other negatives, I urge you to avoid Croisiers Coudrier.

4  Thank worldgoer