I did'nt sleep in the hotel but I was in a convention there. This is a wonderful and unique historical place and if they let you inside you must have a look around, WHY?
A. just as you enter and pass the arch about the car road turn around and look up, you will see a strange red rock. this was put there by the free masons as a proof they built it.
B . inside at the corridors you will find photos of the famous visitors including Winston Churchill, the queen as well as movie stars like James Dean, Leonardo DiCaprio and other icons like Paul McCartney, Alfred Hitchcock and Steven Spielberg.
C. The most important part- This was the allies headquarter during WW-II (there is a sign outside next to the door). This is also the place they planed the invention to Europe !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing high on a bluff overlooking the mighty St. Lawrence River, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac is not merely a hotel located in the heart of Old Québec - it is the heart of it. At Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, guests are guaranteed a memorable and inspiring stay in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with easy walking access to all of the wonderful sites and experiences that Old Québec has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Quebec City
- Quebec City Fairmont
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec/Quebec City