Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Manoir Morgan(Quebec City)
Manoir Sur-le-Cap(Quebec City)
View Hotel
Auberge Place D'Armes(Quebec City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
View Hotel
Chateau Fleur de Lys - L'HOTEL(Quebec City)
Hotel Sainte-Anne(Quebec City)
  • Breakfast included
5,195 results
All reviewsgold leveliconic hotelchateau frontenacchamplain restaurantgold loungele samfairy taleriver viewold quebeclawrence riverbucket listold world charmrenovated roomtrip to quebec citywinter carnivalthe location is perfectlower town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

It was so much fun staying in a historic hotel, service was amazing, room and bathroom were super clean, I spent only one night, and I really wished that I can stay more, my kids enjoyed the indoor pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Islam S
Genevieve_Parent, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Islam S,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback, we are delighted your family enjoyed their stay. We hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Quebec City.
Best regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Unbelievable service by intelligent, worldy, pleasant staff despite an ever changing influx of people in Quebec City's largest and most iconic hotels. Wife and I spent 5 nights for 28th wedding anniversary. First three nights were in 5th floor deluxe room with City view - very nice (get the rooms that have been renovated), then I was able to upgrade to "Gold" level on the top floors. It was worth the extra 90/night. Access to your own concierge (you will use them) who become like friends. Excellent breakfasts and the hotel ALWAYS delivers MORE THAN IT PROMISES.. which is amazing these days.. For such an old hotel, they keep it in amazing shape. Must spend a fortune.
Btw, when arranging the trip beforehand, travelocity quoted the Gold level at +$175/nt. So you might wait til you get there to upgrade - the "regular" rooms are most adequate...
Wife and I still floating from the experience! email me if you have questions or are going..
lee@leehollingsworth.com
Lee Hollingsworth
Roswell, GA USA

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room first, if there for more than 4 nights, the upgrade to Gold. Otherwise, go ahead and spring for Gold --- you'll never regret it.. Starbux downstairs mobbed all the time, go to local nearby places - particularly Cafe Temporal on Coulliard (ask concierge)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lateguy

Dear lateguy,
We are honored you chose to stay with us to celebrate your wedding anniversay and so thrilled that you had such an amazing experience. Thank you for taking time to post feedback and we hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is my fourth stay at this hotel and here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
Newly renovated rooms, not all are renovated but some are and they are well done.
Newly renovated restaurants with great food.
Location, Location, Location

Cons:
Traffic is insane near the hotel and the valet area is slow at best.
Expensive valet service and watch out for your car afterwards. It does not come back the way you left it at check-in.
Check-in is a nightmare. Rooms are not ready even at 4pm check-in.
If you are on the AMX Centurion FHRS pkg, beware, your room should be ready at noon however that won't happen as well.
Housekeeping throws dirty sheets and towels from the rooms on the floor of the laundry room and the floor is not clean, how classy is that.
Corridors have room service trays not picked up from outside guest rooms. Remains there overnight stinking up the hallways.
If you want to eat breakfast at this hotel better get down early, like at 6am when they open otherwise there will be a huge line up and no seats for guests.
Pool area is closed every night at 9pm, where are we living? Thought this was a hotel?
Pool area is disgusting with hair and used band-aids on the pool floor. My kids, who love to swim even were grossed out and wanted to go back to the room.
Room bathroom is tiny, I mean really tiny and that was in a suite.
Fitness room is small, overcrowded and dirty.
This hotel charges the same rate you would see at a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton chain and the quality of product and service is certainly not even in the same league as other first class hotel chains. I am not certain that I would return again given the fact this is my fourth time here and things have not improved re: the management and organization of this hotel. Room and restaurant renovations are nice but it does not complete the whole pkg. to get me to come back. The AMX Centurion pkg. is not worth it whatsoever.

Room Tip: Free wifi if you are a President Club member
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank FirstClass001

Dear FirstClassLuxury001,
Thank you for your continued loyalty to Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. I want thank you for your feedback and extend our apologies for some of the issues you encountered on your recent stay. I can understand how this truly affected your experience. We sincerely value your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future to regain your trust and demonstrate to you that your unfortunate experience does not reflect our standards of service. If you can contact me at genevieve.parent@fairmont.com I would like to follow-up with you directly.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was a bit disneyland like. It is incredibly large and has long check in lines. The rooms were clean however it was one of the noisiest hotels. Our room overlooked the courtyard area where every morning starting at 3:45am - 7:45am the maintenance crew and trucks are loud, backing up (with beeping sounds) and loud voices. MANY rooms overlook this area so beware when booking not to get one of these. When we checked out and mentioned the noise... the front desk said "yes, when we arrive in the morning we can even hear it from in here" And that is not close to where it comes from.

Room Tip: Dont get a room overlooking the courtyard where the maintenance is done!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sislandgirl1225

Dear sislandgirl1225,
Thank you for taking time to share feedback of your recent stay. We sincerely apologize that you were inconvenienced by noise from our delivery area. I have shared your feedback with our team as we have certain regulations for hours where deliveries are to take place and we will make sure appropriate follow-ups are made. We thank you once again and hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been here a while ago now was not very pleased with much. Food wise for room service they didnt have everything that was on the menu.
Service when getting there was slow and unorganized, even while checking out and asking questions it showed that they wanted us to leave.
This year I was going to reserve a room for a romantic experience but so expensive wish they would do specials sometimes.
Otherwise it is very beautiful and rich in history

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jessica C,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your September 2013 stay. We have just completed major renovations so the timing to visit is perfect. As every year, we have a special promotion throughout the month of November, check our website for more information. We hope to welcome you again.