“Neglected guests”

Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
Ranked #18 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Gorgeous spot, beautiful architecture, but all our basic requests were neglected. My family of three were given a room with one double bed even though I reserved for two beds and even phoned to tell them the ages of my kids. We were given a cot which I had to help put in the room physically. All for $400 per night. My reserved table for lunch was 25 minutes late so we had to leave in the middle of our meal to make a tourist show in the city. I waited extensively for everything . . . check in, restaurant reservations, no bell hop available to help . . . we were truly neglected guests.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire M
Genevieve_Parent, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Claire M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for some of the issues experienced during your stay. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. I would like that you contact me directly at genevieve.parent@fairmont.com so I can follow-up with you.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

From the moment you arrive, the large number of valet people, bell persons makes your arrival swift and easy. Check in is easy. Service is impeccable. One thing, I was hoping to get one of the recently renovated rooms, didn't happen this time. Even so the room was awesome. Of course the location is convenient to everything, there were fire works at night and it was a very short stroll to boardwalk to watch the show. I hope to be able to return again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Genevieve_Parent, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Suha K,
Thank you for this amazing feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and the fireworks during your visit. We hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

One of this cities greatest treasures is this hotel... Its lobby is classic Victorian-ish but with a lot of blue which I am assuming is for the water that surrounds it and the city and provincial flags. It is really well maintained for as old as it is, I saw people working on different parts of the hotel everyday. The rooms ended up being small as expected with a hotel of this age, but they were very clean and in really good condition. This is the firs Fairmont I have stayed at in years and I was very impressed by the comfort of their beds. The restaurant was amazing as well, the bar where I finished every night had a great couple of young bartenders that were studying sommeliers and mixologists... Quite an interesting crowd at this more modern bar!
The team at the hotel was very helpful as I got word from the airline that my bag would finally be arriving the night of my last stay the bellman checked in on me a couple times and when I received word the bag would be arriving after midnight he asked if he should just keep it rather than wake me, I agreed... Very friendly people here at the hotel and in the city in general.

I can't wait to come back to this classic... Hopefully in the summer, as I here the winters are pretty brutal.

Room Tip: Ask for High Floor & River View!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear FEOHIO,
Thank you for staying with us at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac and for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to learn that you were pleased with the attention and service our staff, extended to you. Comments such as yours confirm to us that we are maintaining consistently high standards of service. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is an amazing hotel. It is beautiful, it is luxe, it is total white glove service.

The hotel itself is magnificent. It looks like an 18th century castle. Very opulent and class.

The rooms are gorgeous. We had a 2 bathroom junior suite on the 17th floor. (We are in the Fairmont President's Club.) The 14th Floor check-in/concierge is terrific. They are super helpful and accommodating.

The breakfast service was delicious. Everyday we had an assortment of fruit, eggs, cheese, hot and cold cereal, coffee (Nespresso = awesome) and tea. The hors d'oeuvres were delicious, an assortment of crudo, quiche, cheeses, crackers and other small bites. The evening cookies were also lovely.

The gym was small but very clean and well equipped. The indoor pool is also lovely.

The spa was terrific. The hubby and I had amazing massages.

I would highly recommend Le Chateau Frontenac.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jaimee A,
Thank you for such a lovery review of your recent stay at the Chateau. We are delighted you enjoyed your Fairmont Gold experience a I will be sharing your amazing feedback with our Gold team. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again when your travel plans bring you to Quebec.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Located in the center of everything in Quebec City. Staff were great even during a very busy week. We were a family of four, had requested two double beds but were upgraded to a single king suite. Room was huge, brought in a roll away cot for second kid because there was so much room. Walk in closet was as big as entire rooms in boutique hotels in nyc. Bring great ( not good) walking shoes and enjoy old Quebec

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Sodawells,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent family vacation. We are thrilled you had such a wonderful stay and I must agree with you that good walkings shoes are a must when visiting Quebec City. Thank you for posting a review and we hope to see you again at the Chateau.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

For our 10th year wedding anniversary, my wife and I decided to go all out and stay at *the* hotel of hotels of old Quebec City. Being a special occasion we decided to go forth even though the price was significantly higher then other options. We realize that the extra cost would give us options like being at walking distance to everything in the citadel (fortress), whether restaurants, historical sites, picturesque view and overall ambience of the old city of Quebec.

It's a tough call but if you can afford 1 night, go for this one. Fairmont is world recognized too of class and this one is no exception. The staff goes way out if their way to make it a great stay. This could simply be as simple as holding a door, or running to your car for valet service (which I always makes me nervous)... First check if they work there before giving away the keys ;-)

I've stayed at Fairmont Queen Elizabeth in Montreal, and I would have to rank the Chateau Frontenac well above it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick L

Dear Patrick L,
Thank you for posting a review. We truly value guest feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the Chateau. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in a near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Amazing hotel, when you get into the old village you see the hotel from anywhere! It really is the place to be! The rooms are very nice with a modern design and good size! Bathrooms are a bit small but have all you need. The public areas are so beautiful. Had dinner one night at Bistro Le Sam. Interesting menu and great food! Will sure be back soon! Absolutely fell in love with the hotel and the city!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rianneplaya

Dear Rianneplaya,
What a delight to read your review and know your stay was so special and memorable. We are thilled you had such an amazing time and look forward to welcoming you again.