“Beautiful and Breathtaking”

and up
Walking Tour through Quebec City's History
Ranked #7 of 225 things to do in Quebec City
More attraction details
Owner description: This famous 17th-century cathedral has been restored several times but still provides visitors with an ambiance of centuries past.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I visited here while on our honeymoon. It was breathtakingly beautiful. A sense of senerity washed over me just being inside. We walked through the Holy Door; one of only seven in the world which is scheduled to close later this year and will not be opened for 25 years. Our hope is to return on our 25th wedding anniversary when the door will be re-opened. If you visit Quebec City, you must visit Notre-Dame. Even if you are not religious, it's hard not to be affected.

2  Thank RedAnchor
Write a ReviewReviews (1,987)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

One of the most beautiful churches I've ever seen. Golden statues took my breath away and I'm not even religious!

1  Thank cindynor41
Reviewed 16 June 2014

At this time only 1 of 7 gates throughout the world is here. When you enter it is like going to communion but without confessing your sins to the priest. They are left outside the door. Once you enter the Basilique Cathedrale Notre Dame is just beautiful. We really enjoyed spending time here and would recommend to anyone who visits Quebec City.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The smell of polish, incense and echoes of years past.

Spend 10 minutes and you will not be disappointed. Charming!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I loved this cathedral. The ornamentation is wonderful and the stained glass is excellent. There is a good exposition regarding tHe history. Overall is the sense of reverence that is maintained despite the church being a major tourist attraction.
As it is a jubilee year for the church there is a 'Holy Door'. I won't go into details but it was a privilege to be able to pass through this.