“One night here...nice hotel!”

Hotel Le Concorde Quebec
Ranked #49 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
petd0c
“One night here...nice hotel!”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I just checked out of Loews Le Concorde Hotel where I was attending a medical conference. Enjoyed my short stay. The rooms are nicely appointed with comfortable beds. I had a King Superior room with a beautiful view. The check in staff were wonderful and helpful. The conference facilities are very nice and the rooms were well set up for a large audience. My only negative comment was that I ordered room service which took over 2 hours to come! Once it did come, I noticed the glass of wine I ordered was not correct (ordered white and received red). The gentleman who brought the meal immediately went back down to the bar and brought me the correct wine, so that was very prompt and great service there. Other than a long wait for room service, I think this hotel was excellent and would recommend this for anyone coming to Quebec .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Port Hope, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel in 6 years and I will say that the staff has improved immensely since our last stay. We checked in and out with ease and the staff were all polite and courteous. Our room was average and as I noted on a prior review, we too could hear every conversation in the room next door. As we were only here for three nights we didn't bother to complain, and it was a single person so the noise wasn't unbearable, just felt like we had no privacy. The rooms are tired and I felt that the rooms were not very clean. We also found the bed extremely uncomfortable and neither my husband nor I slept well during our stay. Our bathroom was dated and the shampoo and soap were not replenished. As I left my shampoo at home in error this became an issue and I went out and bought shampoo. My daughter did swim in the rooftop pool and she loved it however, it was closed due to inclement weather as it is on the rooftop. The view is fabulous. The food from room service was not great and I found that the store in the lobby was ridiculously expensive. You really have no choice as there wasn't a convenience store nearby and I bought juice and snacks for over $3.00 each item for my young daughter. You expect a mark up but I found it excessive. The good thing about this hotel is the location. The restaurants nearby are amazing and it is a short walk to the old town and plains of Abraham. I wouldn't stay here again by choice and the reason we stayed here this time was my husbands conference was staying at this hotel. I will also agree with a prior comment that bus tours do stay here often so be ready for rude pushy orientals.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,309 helpful votes
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I would rate this property and the experience here as okay. The location is quite convenient for exploring Quebec City particularly the Plains of Abraham, the old walled city and some of the small communities that seem to thrive within the city itself. The hotel itself is fine but I would not say that there is anything particularly special about it. The staff were friendly enough. The rooms are modern and clean. I wouldn't recomment the revolving restaurant as it is very pricey. This is a good business hotel, for history give the Chateau Frontenac a try, we did on our last night and were very impressed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JamesII
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2012

My granddaughter and I decided to splurge on our last night in Quebec City, This hotel is up scale with pricing to prove it, and is located within walking distance of the main centre of town. We walked in with no reservations to the restaurant on the 28th floor and was welcomed warmly and seated quickly. The attraction of this restaurant is it's ability to revolve 360 degrees and because it is located on the 28th floor, affords a beautiful view of the whole city. The food was beautifully presented, the employees were extremely polite and professional and the atmosphere was luxurious. Very impressive for a 17 year old's first trip. Be prepared to pay higher rates. We both had the salad bar, which included soup, dessert, and tea and the bill including tax and tip was around $100. In our minds, a treat that was worth the experience.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank vonnie3314
Dublin, Ireland.
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This Hotel is situated higher than the famous Frontenbac Hotel in Quebec, and we had a room with an overview of the Historic Lower City, and looking down on the huge hotel mentioned above. We benefited from the view of their special copper roof, as the sun shone on it nearly all day long, and especially in the evenings, it created a stunning view for us. None of the guests there could see this marvel ! Our Hotel also had a revolving Restaurant on top of the building, and we dined in it one evening, and could see all over the city, nearly as far as up to Montmorency Falls up the St. Lawrence River a few miles away. Beautiful when it got dark, really lovely. The staff were very pleasant, especially Patrick who was on reception when we arrived, and gave us this lovely room on request. ! We would go back to this Hotel if ever in Quebec again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Calgary Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel mid-September 2012. Our check in was problem-free and we felt welcomed by the front desk personnel. This hotel is quite busy if there are bus tours and the day we checked in this was the case. The location is excellent; the Plains of Abraham are virtually across the street, and the Citadelle can easily be walked to if you like walking. On the front street, (Grande Allee) there are dozens of restaurants (including Starbucks, Second Cup, McDonalds, and St. Hubert Chicken) all within a block.

We had a "Luxury King" room. Our room was very spacious, and clean. We had a problem when we first arrived that the bathroom sink was not draining. I called the front desk and there was a gentleman at the door within 5 minutes. He fixed the problem, had me check it so that I was satisfied, and a bellman followed in a few minutes to clean the bathroom (there was some water that had sprayed on the floor). 2 minutes after HE left, the phone rang-- it was the original person I spoke to following up to ensure that everything had been taken care of. Very impressive!

The room was well equipped. We liked the safe-- I really wish all hotel rooms had a safe. Ventilation is a little noisy as the system is one of those localized ones that is situated by the window (no wall thermostat). However, the room was always comfortable after we figured out the setting that worked best for us. The King Bed, although not a pillowtop, was firm, and there was plenty of nice pillows and bed linen. We slept very well.

Wi-Fi is NOT free, and we really disliked that; the "datavalet" service is $14.00 per 24 hour period; we did not purchase. In this day and age internet access is a must-have, in my opinion. We made do with wi-fi at McDonald's, down the street a couple of hundred feet. We loved the revolving restaurant. The quality of the food is good, there is a buffet available, and while not cheap, you can sit up there and watch the whole city unfold. We would likely not stay here again just because of the wi-fi policy, but in the grand scheme of things it's minor and may not be important to others at all. Overall we really like the hotel and the service was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chrism623
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at Le Concorde for the weekend. Although dated in some parts of the hotel, the building is well maintained and offers one of the best locations in the city. From your room, the views will be incredible particularly if you face the Old City. If not, you may wish to go to the observation tower for a better view. From the revolving restaurant at the top of the building, you'll get a 360 degree view in you stay in one place for an hour. It's a wonderful experience.

The rooms are dated but have been upgraded over the years. The beds are top of the line.

One of surprises of this unique hotel is the wonderful men's clothing boutique on the ground level. Quality and prices are unbeatable. We bought a winter jacket, a scarf, gloves and four shirts. Most of what we bought was designed by a local artist operating under the 'Vision' banner. It's worth checking out.

Valet parking is available. Parking in Québec City is expensive and the hotel charges 30.$ a day. As you can walk to most places from the hotel, you may consider leaving your car in their parking lot.

The hotel is right across the Plains of Abraham now a huge park with wonderful walkways, trees, shrubs, flowers and great views of the St. Lawrence Seaway.

With all the fine eateries on Grande Allée (perpendicular) to the hotel, you can eat well and within your budget.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family