“Nice family with our kids...and dog!”

Hotel Le Concorde Quebec
Ranked #53 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We traveled to Quebec City for a family gathering and stayed at Loews Le Concorde. There was 4 of us traveling, 2 adults, 2 kids, age 10 and 12 and our dog, a chocolate lab. We did not plan on taking him at first and taking him to the kennel as we usually do, but when we saw the LOEWS LOVES PET PACKAGE we figured "Hey! Why not!". And it's surely cheaper then the kennel.
This hotel cannot be in a better location. Right on Grande Allée with all it's restaurants and bordered by Les Plaines d'Abraham for long walks, 1 block from the Assemblée Nationale and 3 blocks from the Old Montreal. Cannot ask for more!
The staff was very friendly and our dog was very welcome as well. He had bowls and milk bones waiting for him in our room. Although the package is suppose to include a doggy bed, there was none available when we arrived and I asked for a blanket since I know our dog would have paced all night without a something to lie down on. We did not use any of the services or restaurants so I cannot really comment. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable, at par with any decent Marriott, and we had a fantastic view form the 24th floor. The hotel charges $24 a day for indoor parking but you can park at Les Plaines d'abraham for $14 a day, just behind the hotel. The only thing is if you plan leaving an coming back during the day you might as well park at the hotel which will charge you only once. There's a Second Cup right across the street and a Starbucks a bit lower down Grande Allée.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Scoopymtl
Write a ReviewReviews (2,161)

Reviewed 6 March 2013

The Loews Le Concorde Hotel is on Grand Allee and an easy walk to Old Quebec and so many wonderful restaurants. We didn't rent a car while in Quebec and taxis are readily available and reasonably priced. We were traveling to/from Laval University and that was about $20 one way including tip. We only had one meal in the hotel (late at night in the lounge) and I wouldn't recommend that necessarily. It was 'fine' - nothing to rave or complain about.

Our room was on an upper floor and had a magnificent view. There was no street noise and being on Grand Allee that was a concern initially.

The staff were all very gracious and even though we speak minimal French we had no trouble getting exactly what we needed at all times.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

My wife and I stayed a Le Concorde for 3 nights during Winter Carnival. We requested a room with a view when we made the reservation, which we made via telephone directly with the hotel. To our pleasant surprise we got a room on the 24th floor with a view of Plains of Abraham, old walled city and St. Lawrence seaway. The view was spectacular.

The room itself was nothing special. I'd say average size. Bathroom was clean and everything worked fine. Bed was a comfortable pillow top variety. Bathroom counters were granite. All the furniture was modern, better than average quality. Flat screen TV.

The heat/cooling unit was one of those annoying over by the window rattle boxes that is impossible to get the room to a consistent temperature. Carpets were a little worn. The A/C outlets on the desk were broken, functional but broken. In the evening there was a consistent thumbing noise that you might have thought came from a band or disco, problem was the beat didn't change, we thought maybe it came from the revolving restaurant that was above us? My biggest complaint is they didn't have free wifi except in the lobby.

We did eat one meal in the revolving restaurant. The restaurant is what I'd call old school. Food was just ok considering the price. I would have expected much better for a place with such a strong French heritage.

Every person we encountered on the staff was excellent, all were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed for a weekend with our 15 month old son in October 2012.

The good.
Great location for exploring Quebec City. Short walk to the old city and right next to plains of Abraham.
The rooms were quite nice and clean and the beds were very comfortable.
The Views were incredible.

The issue
We had reserved the room a few months in advance with a crib that was confirmed. On arrival (mid afternoon) we were told there were no cribs available now but one would be found in a few hours. When were leaving for dinner we were told there would be a crib when we got back. When we got back we were told there would be no crib and then it was too late for us to find an alternative - so we had to use an extra mattress on the floor as the only option. It certainly led to a lot of frustration - and I made a bit of a scene that evening. It would have been nice to have been given a heads up before our arrival so we could have brought our travel pen (which we now take everywhere).

Despite this I gave it 4 stars and recommend this hotels to others and will stay there again. There was a War Amps conference on the weekend we were there which brought a large number of children with disabilities and took up all the cribs and I believe they tried to get another a crib for us. In the end we got our parking free after asking the manager for something for our inconvenience while checking out. We also prefer this to other similar class hotels in this area we stayed at before.

So minus our issue this I think is still a great hotel.

Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Booked one room for 3 adults for one night. Chose this hotel because their website said the fitness centre and hot tub were available 24 hours a day. One of the adults was participating in a sports event that evening and wanted a good soak after.
At check-in, found out the hours for fitness centre and hot tub were 6am-10pm. The 3 guests had to leave and go to the sporting event.
I called the hotel from Ontario to find out what was going on.
I was told that the hours for the fitness centre had been 6am-10pm for the last 5 years at least. The front desk clerk could not see on the website where it said open 24 hours. (It's in bold and italic under the Spa and Fitness - Fitness and Wellness tab).
Only solution offered by front desk was to move to another hotel and Loews would not charge us for the night. We were told that the Tryp had a 24 hour fitness centre. I called the Tryp and found out they don't have a hot tub.
I explained that my family would not want to switch hotel rooms when they got back late that night anyway, that they had already checked in at Loews and they were only at that hotel due to false advertising.
Still no offers or solutions from the front desk clerk (who had to keep putting me on hold to speak with her supervisor).
Finally I suggested they only charge $90 for the night, as that was what we would have paid for another hotel if we had known that Loews hut tub was not 24 hours.
She asked her supervisor and came back on the line, said "I'm changing it to $90, ok" very abruptly. I thanked her and reminded her to have someone correct the website.
The room and beds were comfortable.
I guess Loews doesn't need new customers, as they can so readily suggest guests move to another hotel, instead of encouraging them to stay! I got the impression that they really didn't care where we stayed, or whether our stay was enjoyable.
This was our first time at a Loews - and it will definitely be our last.
And the website still says the fitness centre and hot tub are available 24 hours a day...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The View is exceptional. The Mistral revolving restaurant is exceptional (great modern French cuisine - little costly - but the quality is superior, the serbvice attentive and the view is incredible) The neighbourhood is superb (the Grande Allée with all of its splendour and outdoor cafés). The service was good. Only one drawback: in the summer months, on the weekends especially, rooms with balconies facing the Grand Alée will be treated to late-night to early morning (the bars are open until 3 am) blaring music from the clubs on the Grand Allée. Nothing the hotel can do about it. More an issue for municipal politicians! If you're up partying until late, it's probably no problem for you. Book on the Plains of Abraham (plaines d'Abraham) side of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during a vaction to Quebec.

The hotel was easy to find, clean, modern, and very reasonably priced while also perfectly located for the Winter Carnival activities, the restuarants and taverns along the Grande Allee, and a great base for our daily walks around the Old City site seeing.

Our room also had a spectacular view of the city with the St. Lawrence River in the background.

Two critques; the bathrooms a clean and organized, but a bit small..... and... I always get a little burned up about having to pay for parking at a hotel ($24/day).. even though I realize that's the way of the world, particularly in cities, I just need to mention my annoyance with it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple