“Nice rooms, pleasant hotel but poor windows lead to noisy rooms and expensive”

Hotel Le Concorde Quebec
Ranked #52 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My wife and I did a tour of the province of Quebec and decided to spend two nights in Quebec City. Firstly, we fell in love with the city and there were lots of great restaurants around this hotel so you do not need to eat at the hotel restaurant which is very expensive. Great location without a doubt. We paid extra for a room on a higher floor and had a great view of the parliament and the castle. The room was a good size. In our room rate I paid for a meal at the restaurant and this was great. Luckily I booked in advance otherwise it would have been expensive on the night so got value there. The food was very good but not worth the money. The car park was very expensive. The bed was OK but I would have expected better from a four star hotel. The biggest complaint and the reason for giving three stars and not four is based on the fact I had trouble sleeping due to the noise from the bars below (our room was on the 14 floor so I would not have expected this).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I've stayed at the Loews a few times over the years and I find the hotel always keeps up its appearances. The rooms were recently remodeled, including the washrooms. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms are quiet. I had no issues with noise whatsoever.

I ate breakfast at the revolving restaurant at the top of the hotel. The views were spectacular and the service was great but the food was mediocre. I had the breakfast buffet. There was a decent amount of choice but there was nothing special about it. Certainly not worth $20+.

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating.

The location is great. You can walk out of the restaurant onto a beautiful old street full of great restaurants and it's just a short walk to the old city.

I would definitely stay here again. It's my choice hotel in Quebec City.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Loew's is a high rise hotel on the Plains of Abraham on Grande Allee, a street of fun pubs and restaurants, near the Congress Centre, legislature and the Old City. 2nd cup is across the street, starbucks down the street, mcdonalds and subway nearby. Easy walking distance to all these places and more - if you like walking.

I booked on-line for overnight business and I have stayed here before; had a very nice welcome at check-in. Room on the 20th floor looked east to plains of Abraham, St Lawrence River and Quebec Bridge in the distance - BUT any room gives you a good view of the city, river, and/or mountains - ask for a higher floor room.
The room was spacious, very clean, nicely furnished & decorated; a nice bathroom with a strong shower head, a kuerig coffee machine, flat screen TV, and 2 bathrobes. My room was right off the elevator and I could hear people talking loud on occasion, otherwise, pretty quiet.

The bar on the main floor has only Molson beer products and like all hotels, is a bit pricey.
There is a revolving restaurant at the top with a great revolving view of the city. I have eaten lunch there in the past (buffet) and it was delicious; my coworkers ate there Monday night and while the food was good, they said the service was a little lacking. But for the tourist- a must go for a lunch and view. Great place to stay.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

The rooms could certainly use an upgrade (welcome to 1995), as could the hotel overall. Very pricey in terms of the restaurant and bar. Parking is crapped, but available. Staff seem a little distant, but nice if engaged.
The price was right at $109 per night, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was looking for a 4-star hotel on the cheap in Quebec City and got a nice deal through PriceLine.
Hotel is located on a nice street lined with top class restaurants and only 1/2 mile from the walled Old City.
This is a hotel with a revolving restaurant at the top with views of the whole area.
My room on 19th floor was nicely furnished and quiet despite sharing a wall with the elevators.
(Don't expect a full suite when Naming Your Own Price).
Only wish was that there was more plug inns for recharging the electronics of a modern traveler!

Go and discover some of the oldest buildings in one of the oldest cities in North America!
You may find a restaurant with modern food using ancient recipes and that Maple Syrup Pie and Liquor that is a must in the Maple Syrup Capital of the world!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

This hotel as an excellent location, nice room, comfy bed. I cant belive in 2013 that hotel like this charge 12$ for WIFI internet, 24$ parking (the restaurant offer it for free ???)TV remote not functional.... 26 story building one ice machine ???? on level 4 LOL next time we will go somewhere else

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scubajoce
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We traveled to Quebec City for a family gathering and stayed at Loews Le Concorde. There was 4 of us traveling, 2 adults, 2 kids, age 10 and 12 and our dog, a chocolate lab. We did not plan on taking him at first and taking him to the kennel as we usually do, but when we saw the LOEWS LOVES PET PACKAGE we figured "Hey! Why not!". And it's surely cheaper then the kennel.
This hotel cannot be in a better location. Right on Grande Allée with all it's restaurants and bordered by Les Plaines d'Abraham for long walks, 1 block from the Assemblée Nationale and 3 blocks from the Old Montreal. Cannot ask for more!
The staff was very friendly and our dog was very welcome as well. He had bowls and milk bones waiting for him in our room. Although the package is suppose to include a doggy bed, there was none available when we arrived and I asked for a blanket since I know our dog would have paced all night without a something to lie down on. We did not use any of the services or restaurants so I cannot really comment. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable, at par with any decent Marriott, and we had a fantastic view form the 24th floor. The hotel charges $24 a day for indoor parking but you can park at Les Plaines d'abraham for $14 a day, just behind the hotel. The only thing is if you plan leaving an coming back during the day you might as well park at the hotel which will charge you only once. There's a Second Cup right across the street and a Starbucks a bit lower down Grande Allée.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family