“disappointing hotel, nice breakfast and great location”

Hotel Le Concorde Quebec
Ranked #55 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Growing up in Quebec City, Loews Le Concorde Hotel always held a certain level of prestige. The rotating restaurant was always talked about and it was always seen (in my eyes anyways) as a fancy, expensive hotel. Visiting Quebec City on business gave me the opportunity to finally stay at Le Concorde, and I was so excited.
Boy was I wrong.
Walking in, the lobby is very plain. You can see that at one time it was probably fancy and sophisticated, but the carpets looked worn and the furniture out of date.
Going up to our rooms, the elevator and hallways were the same. The carpet did not look clean and everything was very 80s/90s drab.
Getting into my room, it was very standard. It's not that there was anything wrong with it exactly, but it was not the level of sophistication that I was expecting. The bathroom was fine, it looked like it had been renovated about 10 years ago, but when I was in there I could hear the shower of my neighbor when it was turned on. The TV table was dirty. and I mean dirty. There was a big spill of juice or soda that had not been wiped up and now was a mess. I was there 3 nights and it was never cleaned.
The breakfast in the rotating restaurant was very nice. Alot of options.
And of course, what I suppose people pay for when staying at this hotel is not the (non-existing) luxury, but the location. When visiting Quebec City it doesn't get any more convenient than this.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mrsschloeder
Write a ReviewReviews (2,162)

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We are booked for April 20th. Want to add more rooms. But sadly. When called hotel was informed that hotel closing February 2014. If we didn't call the hotel wouldn't know about it closing. Don't know what option will be available for us. Am very disappointed

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I loved this hotel so much. Les chambres étaient très bien! I came here with a group of friends and we stayed at the hotel for a few days. It was lovely and a great walking distance from things that are nearby.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Hello,

I opted to take this hotel because I have been in many of this hotel in other countries.
I was expecting this place much nicer, there is nothing wow about it.
The location is good, the rooms are clean, the food average, the hotel itself is fine.
I rather stay somewhere else instead. I had to paid extra for a better view and a higher floor because when I booked online apparently the room was near the elevator and so so floor.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

After reviewing and comparing Loews and the Delta, we opted as a family to stay here for (3) nights. We selected Loews based on previous reviews on Trip Advisor and overall location.

We were pleased with our stay - but by no means were we impressed.

A few things to consider...
-Fridges in the room do not function well at all...out of the (3) rooms we had, only 1 functioned "alittle"
-Go for a "high floor" - the higher you are, the fewer the rooms on the floor so less noise/traffic. Plus better views of the city.
-Do not plan on going into the revolving restaurant, its only open on Sunday's, otherwise its Closed.
-Parking garage in the basement has low ceilings, had an Outback with a Thule and “just” got in and out with minor rubbing on the roof (no damage). Floor of the garage is VERY dirty, so do not drop anything.

Location is great….lots of places to eat nearby and you have the park across the street. Do not expect a lot of frills but the bottled water in the room each night was a nice perk along with the coffee maker!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank W_M_Freeman
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed at the Loews as a surprise for my husband our last night in Quebec City. I considered it to be a splurge based on the price per night compared to other places in the area. I cannot emphasize my surprise and disappointment enough with our accommodations. The room was only half cleaned with one towel in the bathroom and no toiletries. We stayed at the end of summer and it was warmer out. The AC unit in the room wasn't working so I called the front desk to get a room change. Begrudgingly, the bell hop came to our room to show us to our new room while we struggled to carry all our luggage out of the room ourselves, without his assistance.
The AC unit worked slightly better in our new room, but was so loud. We called the front desk and they offered no further remediation. Finally, at four o'clock in the morning after a long sleepless night we packed up and got on the road. We explained the reason for our early departure with the front desk clerk, but she just offered up a half-hearted apology.
I have eaten dinner at the restaurant at the top floor of the hotel and always enjoyed myself. Just a word of caution that the elegant facade doesn't extend beyond the restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abbypuppy2009
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights and found this hotel to be perfect for what we wanted the location was excellent closed to restaurants and the od part of Quebec city the view from the hotel was beautiful and great for photographs.
The rooms were very comfortable with the facilities being excellent and the staff were very friendly and could not do enough to make sure we had a comfortable stay.
Would recommend this hotel to fellows travellers to Quebec.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple