“A wonderful stay in the Old City!”

Hotel Jardin Ste-Anne
Ranked #68 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Willimantic, Connecticut
“A wonderful stay in the Old City!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for four days and three nights in late May. While the room was smaller than we expected, it was quaint and worked extremely well for our budget. There were only two issues with the room, which led me to rate this hotel a 4 instead of a 5. One, my boyfriend is 6'3 and he did hit his head a few times on the short door frames; and, two, the bathroom was the smallest I've ever seen in my life. But, the room was cute, the bed was very comfortable, the view was spectacular, and the location was perfect for our vacation in the Old City!! The staff were wonderfully attentive,and even without breakfast included, we would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KD624

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Connecticut
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We went to Quebec to attend the Winter Carnival. The hotel is very centally located to Old Quebec and the Carnival site. Check in was next door- not a problem. The staff we interacted with were charming and helpful. Not a fancy place- comforatable , budget room. Will definitely consider a return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank facsmandg
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed here for carnival this past weekend. I was shocked!! my girlfriend had to get on her knees to put the key in the door knob! It was a lipstick job reno! the bathtub was child size. you had to check in next door at the next hotel. the ceiling was leaking onto my friends face in early morning, there was no one there to help you, lots of stairs to climb. it was very expensive for what we got! the location was good but thats it! I think the hilton is more for me!

Room Tip: if you really have to stay here, choose a room on the first level.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank luckeelu

Travellers are raving about these Quebec City hotels

Sacramento
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Paid US$150 ($182 with tax) per night for double, no breakfast in late September. Reception desk is in hotel next door (guests at that hotel got breakfast). Room OK, large, but old, with chipped tile in in wash basin. Common areas had peeling paint and stains in carpet. While check in was friendly/helpful, remaining encounters with staff were very disappointing. Maid was folding linen on only table in TV room in lobby, made no effort to acknowledge guests, much less ask if she could move so that they might sit down. 1970s-vintage TV in room, didn't work, staff did not respond to request to fix.
I understand that Old Town Quebec City is desirable and expensive; this hotel just prices itself $20 less than much better ones. Spend the money and keep your self-respect.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank travelindave45
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This hotel is a decent budget hotel located in the heart of Old Quebec, perfect for walking around and exploring the major sights of the old city. Rooms are clean and reasonably priced. Breakfast included at a nearby restaurant and a discount for dinner at the same restaurant. Check-in desk located at the Champlain Hotel 2 doors down and the service was good. Free parking in front of the hotel from 2100 - 0900 or $21 for valet parking. Will stay there again if I visit Quebec City again.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ares1370
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

Decent hotel perfectly located for a walking tour of Old Quebec. Staff were very helpful. Steep stairs to our 2nd story room. Be prepared. Quaint steps out the window/door to a balcony with a view of Chateau Frontenac. Reasonably priced. Discount to a very good local breakfast spot.

• Stayed September 2012
Montreal
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Where to begin??? This hotel is like a ghost town, situated in front of a old jail that had, I believe, 10 hangings. I say that's it's like a ghost town because, the reception desk is not located in the jardin hotel, it is in the hotel next door, very weird! As if that wasn't strange enough, considering there is a reception area at the hotel, only it's completely sealed off, my room door, room 20, was made for someone no taller than 5ft6, perfect for me, but my son, and cousin had to bend to enter the room. My room was also the only door in between floors, it's so strange and spookie that I can't even describ it. The inside of the room was nothing special, for the amount of money I paid, I at least expected a coffee machine! I got a room with two double beds, one bed located in the back, and the other in the front of the room, separated by the washroom. Eventhough, I wasn't impressed by the rooms appearance, I did enjoy the extremely great location, as well as the lovely backyard terrace. Since my room was the entire length of the hotel, I was able to see into my room from the backyard terrace, as well as from the front. I would recommend this hotel, only if you stay in a room that does not have water pipes above your head because garuanteed if someone takes a shower at 6:30 am you will wake up, because I bloody well did! Other than the price, and noisy shower pipes, this hotel is located on a peaceful street, and can be a relaxing experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family