“Beautiful hotel in a great location.”

Hotel Le Germain Quebec
Ranked #8 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful hotel in a great location.”
Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in a beautiful old building, part of it was an old bank. High ceilings, large windows, spacious rooms with brand new bathrooms and modern touches throughout. The staff are extremely helpful and eager to please. The continental breakfast was more than ample with fresh croissant, cheeses, fresh fruit, etc. delicious coffee too!

The location is superb too. Just a sort walk to all the sights in the old city and right in the heart of the lower town.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank ViajeroPHL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
montrealbis
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I stayed there only for a short night.
The hotel wants to be in the luxury category... I cannot deny that it is very refined, with numerous very nice features (like a nice expresso maker in each room, and a free (but very simple) breakfast in the lobby). However, I was put off by its style...it is truly personnal and therefore would not apply to everyone, but I don't like the decoration which is supposedly stylish : I had the feeling of being in a Leon furniture store (in the high end section!). My room was filled with light switches and it somewhat enerving to find out which one does what. Overall, the room was very poorly lit, and it is so dark that I could not read anywhere else except in bed. The bathroom was also very dark (careful when you shave!). I really do not need to have 'elevator' music in my room when I arrive...then I have to battle with the radio to shut it off.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jerry68bis
SylvieD492, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain Quebec, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us and I am glad you feel that a lot of what we offer is to your entire satisfaction such as value, cleanliness and service.

The rooms are located in two different buildings offering two different decors and different views. If you like more natural day light, I recommend the rooms with classic contemporary decor. All of our built-in furniture is designed and manufactured exclusively for us, by renowned local professionals. A beautiful Artemid floor lamp is placed in each room with a confortable chair for reading; specific lighting is also available for bed reading or desk reading/working.

Maybe you did not stay long enough to appreciate everything or should come back summer time when the sun is very bright.

A la prochaine,

Sylvie Dionne
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Very sleek and modern looking boutique hotel. We liked the style and the decor, though our room ended up a bit dark due to abundance of black finishes. The air-conditioning unit in our room was noisy so we had to turn it off at nights.
The front desk was very knowledgeable about the area and willing to spend time with us to help us plan our daily trips. We are very grateful for their help.
All in all, nice hotel in a good location with superb front desk service.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shaulke
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

This was the third & final Le Germain hotel of our Canadian trip, and though the others were v good, this one sneaked the prize as the best. Had the same clean, sleek, modern look as the others but a more relaxed personal touch. This hotel seemed less geared to business travellers and more to people on holiday. Room beautiful (as ever), bathroom so comfortable with a curious lightbulb below the sink giving the room alluring light. Reception helpful & friendly as usual. And best of all, the lobby area was full of comfy armchairs, coffee tables, candles, fireplace, a library with books & games ... need I go on? At night, they give you chocolates & put background music on in your room, just in case you haven't already been seduced by the hotel! Love this chain, and love this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MikeTY2000
I love your comment!

Quebec City is charming and our location in the Old Port is almost candid. We have to take this into consideration and are very protective of it. I am glad you liked it... oups... you said Love...

Sylvie Dionne
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I spent all of one night and one morning at the Germain Dominion on a business trip to Quebec and I am already planning a "for pleasure" trip there just so I can stay longer. The hotel is beyond charming right from the lobby on. I walked into my room where the lights were dimmed and lovely jazz was playing on the Bose Wave Radio and fell in love with everything. The King size bed was so comfortable that I unfortunately got up late because I couldn't bare leave its comfort! Breakfast sitting on a lovely couch was to die for (I'm not a fan of continental breakfasts but this was absolutely great). I cannot wait to go again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Isabelle B
Toledo
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel. Service was great - very helpful with restaurant reservations and recommendations. Beds were plush and wonderful. We were cycling and room was big enough to hold our tandem bike. Nice old/new decor. Nice location near restaurants, old town and bicycle trails. I thought it was good value as we stayed in a pricier hotel the last two nights and not as good service and same amenities. No restaurant or bar there, but nearby great places. Breakfast included that was more than ample to start our day and great coffee!

Room Tip: ask for a nice view of the city