We stayed a few weeks ago and I have the following feedback to share -
It feels like a luxury, boutique hotel transplanted from Europe but with much bigger rooms, better service and more modern amenities.
The only con -
Guys you have a great hotel - please put some additional lights in your rooms to brighten the space especially since you already have dark themed interiors in your rooms including a black carpet. My family and I felt very dull, dark while staying there in an otherwise great hotel room.
Now the pros -
- Nice modern, luxury boutique hotel
- Very enjoyable breakfast - lots of options - juice, yogurt, cereals, croissants, toasts, fresh fruits, cakes, hot cappucino, tea, hot chocolate and many other options including gluten free
- Large sized modern rooms with a large sized modern TV; Molton Brown bathroom accessories with a modern bathroom (no tub though)
- The best - the entire staff - so friendly, helpful and polite - Dominic, Valerie or a name that I am getting wrong - i believe that hospitality is no.1 about the people - if they are welcoming the rest is all taken care of.
I give it a 5/5 and only if they will only light up the rooms - the rest is all taken care of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City