This was our second time staying at Hotel Le Germain in Quebec City, but this trip we had the chance to stay at other high profile destinations throughout the province, and were reminded why Le Germain in Quebec City was our favourite, and I'll tell you why:
Location: Old Quebec is stunning, and is divided into upper and lower town, I personally find lower town (where Le Germain is located) to be less touristy and bit more trendy. There are amazing restaurants all over Quebec City, but a lot of our favourites (and highest rated on tripadvisor) are located in lower town. Regardless, everything is within walking/short cab ride distance. The street the hotel is located on also seems to be very quiet which is great for sleeping.
Service: I've stayed at many hotels around the world, but the staff at Le Germain are incredible. Always so freindly and helpful without coming across as trying to hard or being intrusive. Anything you need, they take care of, from reservations to information on tours etc.
Extras: Breakfast is included in the lobby at Le Germain, and its far from the traditional chaffing dishes of scrambled eggs. Its a lovely continental breakfast of fresh coissants, toast with preserves, fruit, cheese, hardboiled eggs, yogurt, granola, etc. There is also a complimentary espresso machine in the lobby that makes lattes, cappucinos, americanos, hot water for tea, hot milk for hot chocolate etc. which is so nice to come home to after a chilly night on the town.
Ambiance: The hotel is elegant with a warm welcoming lobby and to me has the perfect blend of old world charm and modern elegance. It feels small enough that you don't feel like you're one of a million staying there but without feeling like a B&B.
Rooms: If you're travelling with a family like we were, book early as there are only a handful of rooms with two double beds, the rest are single Queens or Kings. The beds are heavenly, Le Germain have the best matresses EVER, you will sleep better than you have ever slept before. If you are interested in having a more uniquely styled room, I recommend staying on the older side of the hotel (there are two sides, one historical, one modern addition, to me they both look newly renovated) but the ones on the historical side have these big, cool bathrooms with a huge rain shower where as the other side have relatively standard bathrooms with bathtubs.
The rooms come fully equipped, amazing bath products (Molten Brown) bath robes, bose stereo (which they have playing for you upon arrival) glassware, even truffles on the pillow and Wifi is FREE!
Le Germain is hands down worth every penny, I honestly can't think of one thing that was less than perfect (and I'm honestly a very picky traveller) I've stayed at less expensive hotels and ended up paying more because everything from coffee, to wifi to breakfast is extra and the experience is nowhere close to Le Germain. Stay here, I promise you won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City