The hotel is located in old Quebec and offers wonderful charm. Our trip was a Christmas stopover traveling to Canada's east coast.
Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful in arranging dinner reservations for us.
The main lobby is very inviting in the cold winter, offering a large wood burning fireplace that is kept stoked for guests to enjoy. You can order a beverage to enjoy by the fire. It is like stepping back in time.
The room is very efficiently laid out and very comfortable.
For us, the thing that will bring us back to the hotel every year now, is their pet friendly policy. But they go above and beyond for your beloved pet. Our room had a bed and blanket, pet dishes, and a bag if treats. Finally, we had arranged for a sitter for our dog, through the hotel. She was so kind and made us feel comfortable enough to enjoy our evening dinner.
We have stayed at a number of different hotels in the Quebec area when traveling at Christmas. From now on, there will be no doubt where we will be staying and I think we may make a trip back without the dog to enjoy the hotel and old Quebec.
Thanks for a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City