I booked a room at this hotel based on the many positive reviews that I had read and am glad to report that the Hotel Le Germain-Dominion lived up to the expectations.
We arrived a bit before normal check-in time but our room was ready so we were able to get settled in immediately. The room we had was on the top floor and we had a great view of the St. Lawrence. The room itself was well appointed - very comfortable king-sized bed, mini-fridge, Nespresso machine, flat-panel TV and a good size bathroom. It was very quiet with little noticeable noise coming in from the outside. Every evening the staff would come to turn down the bed and provide the requisite chocolate....
Accommodations at the hotel include breakfast and the buffet in the morning was very good. A large coffee machine provided espresso and coffee on demand while the spread consistented of various types of fresh bread, excellent croissants, various cheeses, oatmeal, cereal, etc. For the tea drinkers, they provide a variety of Lucky Leaf teas.
The staff at the hotel were very professional but friendly and approachable. They responded immediately to each request that we made and provided great recommendations for local restaurants, bakeries and places to visit, including the best local cheese shop. The first night we were there and decided to have pizza delivered to our room, the front desk staff insisted on placing the order for us (their french is better than ours) and coordinating the delivery! Without asking the staff delivered plates and silverware to the room for us to use for the pizza. Our experience was that this is the level of service that they always provided.
The location of the hotel was very good - within easy walking distance to any of the sights within the old city and still in a quiet spot away from most of the traffic.
The cost of the hotel was reasonable for the quality and location - very much in line with several other area hotels in the old city. We weren't looking for a budget hotel for this trip but this one didn't break the bank and I would rate it an exceptional experience given all of the positives we experienced. I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future on my next trip to the Old City of Quebec.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City