We chose the third week in February to take our 9 year old on his first trip to Quebec. Our usual hotel was not particularly accommodating, so we chanced upon the nearby Le Germain. From the outset the staff was accessible and wonderful. Alex and Annie-Karine were particularly pleasant and helpful. The staff's attitude was infectious, and created a nice atmosphere in the common areas. Our room on the hotel's bank side was a bit cramped for three, and the housekeeping a bit quirky (towels for three only once during our three day stay), but it was very clean and comfortable. Had we bothered to ask, I am certain that additional towels would have appeared immediately and cheerfully. Both the King sized and roll-away beds were very comfortable and made for easy sleeping.
The lobby fireplace was a great stop for breakfast or on the way in from the cold, and parking was easy.
All in all, Le Germain was clean,well-designed and unpretentious. I'm very happy with our choice, and will definitely choose it again on a return trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City