My husband and I stayed at this fabulous hotel while celebrating our wedding anniversary in June, 2014. We had friends who had stayed here the previous summer and did not want to leave and we now understand completely. Even before we got there they anticipated questions we might have and their concierge team quickly sent lots of information and suggestions for lunch and dinner. Once the decisions were made for dinner they made the reservations for us, had a written confirmation with pertinent info, and even had a map with the locations marked for us when we arrived. Our room was wonderful (in the "classic" section) with lovely toiletries, various pieces of glassware, and access to ice which was greatly appreciated. The continental breakfast was wonderful with outside tables if one wished to eat there. We especially appreciated the ability to park our car behind the hotel and could access it if needed. The hotel is even nicer than the website photos indicate. Sadly, a health issue with a family member required our checking out a day early but we will return to complete our visit in this wonderful city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City