This is an excellent four star hotel with five star hospitality conveniently located in the lower city of charming old Quebec. Le Germain-Dominion was, I believe, originally an old bank, and it has been stylishly renovated as an elegant hotel, a little too large, perhaps, to be called boutique but still with the feel of a boutique hotel. It is located on the corner of two streets with numerous cafes and shops, and from there it is only short walk to the upper city. The room was comfortable, the bathroom fully up-to-date, and our room on the corner offered both a view of the cobbled street below and the river. A previous reviewer commented on the poor lighting in the rooms. It is true that there weren't options for really lighting the room up, but that was not a problem for me. A continental breakfast is included that was quite satisfactory to my taste. I loved the croissants, coffee, and fresh fruit. What stays with me most, however, is the level of hospitality and genuine service orientation that experienced from every member of the staff.
This also a pet-friendly hotel charging a reasonable supplement for the privilege of bringing Fido along and can connect you with a good pet-sitting service in case you plan to go out on the town and leave him in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City