First trip to Quebec city and stayed at Dominion for 3 days last week. It was a wonderful stay at the hotel. I was on a higher floor with a partial river view-- didn't stay in the room long enough to enjoy it though because there was much sightseeing to do in the nearby lower and upper town. The location of the hotel was ideal for walking back and forth the major sights. There was a little street noise every now and then at night, but the comfortable bed more than compensated for that-- I slept well.
From my experience traveling around the world and being in all sorts of hotels, the room I stayed in is a solid 8 out of 10. Modern, minimalistic and functional. There were minor flaws, like the shower glass door was not completely sealed leading to mild leakage on the floor and cleaning could be done better (though I am a major clean freak and very few hotels meet my standards anyway). However, Dominion shines in its people and the service they provide.
The service at Dominion is 10 out of 10. Everyone at the hotel were very pleasant and friendly. Every matter (check-in, check-out, directions, recommendations, operating their free fancy coffee machine) was handled professionally and with patience. The service was attentive and personal.
Breakfast was fresh and more than adequate.
I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City