Stayed here over President's Day weekend (US holiday). Loved the fireplace in the lobby and the big cushy chairs. Down comforter on the bed was great. Room was nice and pretty modern, bathroom was funky! Free bottled water. Could open the windows, a plus in a hotel--even when it's zero degrees. Breakfast was included in room rate and was a nice assortment of continental items. Coffee and tea, as well as fresh fruit, was always available in the lobby. Wireless internet in the lobby, as well as a computer to use. Parking is extra $. Location was good, quiet, though next time I might want to stay within the walls of Old Quebec and avoid the steep uphill walk to get to the Frontenac and shopping areas. On the other hand, it was good exercise! Staff was also very helpful, and had menus to look at for restaurants within walking distance. Turn-down service in the evening, and an in-room safe. Overall a good experience and I would recommend this hotel. Side point: trip to the Ice Hotel (30 mins away) was interesting though I would not stay in such a cold room! Tours are ~$12 per person. This is the only place in Quebec where we were treated rudely: if you're preparing for a wedding in the ice chapel, maybe you should inform the tourists the chapel is off limits with a polite sign on the door or as we are PAYING the entrance fee! I was quite appalled how incredibly rude tourists were treated at this place. Oh, and I wouldn't rent cars from Thrifty again if flying in--it's not on site and we almost missed the 30-minute cut-off time for Air Canada check-in when we returned the car. Quebec is beautiful and when I return I plan to go snowmobiling!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City