My boyfriend and I stayed at the Germain-Dominion on Christmas Day. We were visiting family in Quebec city and wanted to splurge on a nice hotel for Christmas night. Even if the hotel can be a bit tricky to find with all the one-way streets in the area, boy were we happy to see it. I way plainly ecstatic when I saw our room. We booked the Superior Room Queen (theirs least expensive) and it was beautiful and huge. The bathroom with its huge shower with rainfall shower is to die for. Upon our return from our Christmas dinner, we sat in front of the fire in the foyer where we took a glass of wine. Talk about a perfect Christmas night, and so romantic. The following day, we truly enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast with fresh croissants (real flaky ones), fruits, yogurt, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, along with a perfect latte from the very good machine in the lobby. I can't wait to go again. This time, I will book a 2 nights stay to truly enjoy the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City