All reviewsstory roombathroom downstairsgreat locationold quebecon site restaurantbeautiful cityspoke englishmain floortubfurniturefrenchheart
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The hotel makes a first great impression. It's beautiful and the room that has a whirlpool in it is so spacious (totally worth it)!!! If you're a CAA member you will get a discount. If you don't have a CAA membership get a friend of yours to send you a scan/photo of his card and you can use it as well.The staff is incredibly friendly. My girlfriend and I were on our way to PEI from Toronto and she couldn't believe how pretty the city was and when I parked the car and the hotel was located right in the middle of all the streets you'd want to walk by it was awesome. We walked for 6 hours straight walking into little stores, having some French pastries, watching some shows in the street and sitting by the water. Everything was so close you don't need a car. I carried my DSLR and the backpack and it wasn't an issue. We didn't have dinner or breakfast at the hotel, so I can't comment on that. There's Tim Horton's around the corner, cafes as well as restaurants, so you don't depend on the hotel food at all (which I read was expensive). The room has a fridge stocked up with pop, liquor, etc (of course you have to pay) but if you need to put in the fridge any of your stuff you can take some of theirs out.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and it was super quiet. Our view was to the plaza and it was quiet. Just make sure you get the whirlpool. Use a CAA number to get a discount if you need one.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
marie-eve g, Manager at Hotel du Capitole, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Thank you for your incredible comments! We're glad you fully enjoyed the hotel and its surroundings. The room you stayed in with a whirlpool is a deluxe mini suite and I agree, it is totally worth it! We hope to see you again at L'Hôtel du Capitole!

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Very friendly staff, comfortable rooms, great location at the entrance of Old Quebec. Being an older building, there is probably no insulation in the walls, so you can hear your neighbours. Parking is $20/day.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M M
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I spent a great night at this hotel, and would go there again. The staff was polite and helpful, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and I had a great view of Quebec's parliament from my windows. The location is EXCELLENT!
I'm not giving this hotel a perfect rating, simply because I noticed that their furniture and decor needed some refreshing. It was probably perfect 10 years ago, and based on online pictures, I was expecting perfection.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor. Mine had a skylight.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I spend the last night at the hotel and it was just perfect! The staff are realy helpful and available. The food is good, but really expensive. I think it worth the time to walk around the hotel to have something, not better, but way less expensive! I stayed there because I've organised the prom of my program. The service was excellent, the staff in the Salon Rouge was really helpful, they made all the changes and the modifications we asked them. Our prom was success because of them!
The a only thing! In the shower, the shower curtain wasn't enough large to stop the water to flow everywhere in the bathroom. I think it need to be improved. Also, the view was magnific, we had 2 BIG windows, but at night, the lights from the street disturb us in our sleep.

Otherwise, our stay was magic! Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: I had the 106 and the view was awesome!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2011

If you are in Quebec City, that is where you need to stay if you can afford it. Right in the middle of Vieux-Quebec, this hotel has the mosy beautiful room I have ever seen. From the sky painted ceiling to a gignormous tub that gives you a view of la Porte St-Jean, to the comfortable bed, this is where you NEED to stay, you won't be disappointed. Don't forget to reserve in advance, they don't have a lot of rooms and they fill pretty quick. ENJOY!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple