we booked this hotel using hotel.com and we were not disappointed.
we arrived in quebec city by train and took a taxi to the hotel. it was evening and the hotel was all lite up and busy with people going to the theatre. the building is magnificient. the lobby is small but quaint. a problem is that many people going to the theatre use the hotel entrance instead of the theatre entrance. they should address this inconvenience. the reception was friendly and efficient. they charge a $ 100. to your credit card, in case of expenses charged to your room. this is very strange, i have not seen this procedure in years. we were on the 4th floor (top floor) facing the street. the room had a king bed as requested. the room itself was of good size, with two small round windows looking out to the main street. the bathroom was very small, the width of a bathtub. it also had sliding shower doors that opened to the bedroom.?
it also had one (1) bathrobe???? for 2 people, i guess we had to share.
the bedroom was fairly large, but had no dresser, just an armoire, with 2 shelves at the top, which were small and hard to reach. there was not one but 2 tv in the room. we suggest that you remove one tv and add a small dresser, this would make the room more user friendly. this hotel was probably the quietest hotel in which we have ever stayed. it was clean and well maintained. the staff were very helphful. in fact they allowed us to visit the theatre. the hotel is located next to the vieux quebec, making everything accessible by walking. we would highly recommend this hotel.
we would not recommend the restaurant and will speak more of this on a separate review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'Hotel du Capitole, in the heart of Old Quebec! This small four-star 40 room hotel will charm you with its warm and personalized hospitality. At L'Hotel du Capitole, we always roll out the red carpet to pamper our guests with special attention. Discover the warm ambience of our hotel located in the heart of Old Quebec. Whether for a romantic stay or for a business meeting, you will be delighted by our wide selection of packages, which include lodging, meals and dinner shows. Small and large meeting halls are also available for business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel du Capitole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Capitole De Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Hotel Capitole De Quebec City
- Hotel Du Capitole Quebec/Quebec City