Let me start by saying the wife and I have been going to Quebec Winter Carnival for 5 years straight. We have stayed in 5 different hotels and do not hold back when it comes to spending on the details.
Le Saint-Pierre is located in the lower town, right where the port is located. Picture the Chateau Frontenac looking down on you from a luminous cliff above. It is directly across from the museum of civilization. it neighbours many restaurants, shops and artist studios. It is also a 2 minute walk to Place Royale (Quebec city's original settlement) just beautiful! You can access the upper area of old Quebec via a large set of stairs or an outdoor lift called the Funiculaire ($2.50 per person)
We have stayed in upper and lower town. They all have value and history. My preference is anything within the walls or near Place Royale. Unless costs are a factor I would avoid the corporate behemoths. Quebec dose boutique right.
The hotel itself was very clean and spacious. The front lobby has a lounge with a gas fire place and coffee machine. The front desk staff for the most part were fantastic. Some better than others. There is an elevator with quick and easy access to your room, although the elevator itself had a faint smell of sewage (welcome to 200 year old buildings).
The room was a suite (305). Had a kitchenette, bedroom, living room and washroom. Had a lofty vibe to it. The view wasn't killer however you can find plenty of views going on a walk about town. It was modern and classic at the same time. The washroom did have a jetted tub but really was nothing to write home about.
A hot breakfast is offered every morning, inclusive of the price of the room. Lots of options and full of value. Don't be afraid to order it to your room.
The only issue we had was a random room service delivery at 8:00AM and a house cleaning attempt at 9:30. Both on the same morning. This must have been a clerical error at the front desk. Also remember the older buildings can be slightly noisy. I could imagine if we had children above us it may have been an issue.
Overall, three nights in a great room, a nice hotel in a fantastic location, including breakfast......$650. We paid nearly twice that last year for a hotel that had a slight edge in the luxury department but bang for your buck Le Saint Pierre did a great job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is no small wonder that Le Saint Pierre is one of Quebec City's most sought-after properties. The combined beauty and elegance of its 200 year-old façade with the natural warmth of its interior with parquet flooring and exposed stone and brick walls is, quite simply, beautiful. Fine hotel elegance and incomparable, intimate Old Quebec charm make our 30 rooms and 9 Suites a winning combination for all our guests. Cozy, warm atmosphere as well as complimentary breakfast and Internet access await you at Le Saint Pierre, Auberge Distinctive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Saint-Pierre Auberge Distinctive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge Saint-Pierre Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge St Pierre
- Auberge Saint Pierre Quebec
- Le Saint-Pierre Auberge Distinctive Quebec/Quebec City