To start off, the location of this place is superb. Right across the street from the Museum of Civilization and literally IN the old town, you barely have to walk in order to visit most of the major attractions of Quebec City.
The staff was perfect as well. The front desk was 24 hours and every worker was polite, cheerful, informative, and knew English well. The concierge even recommended the cirque du soleil show that was in town and gave us a great deal on tickets. The valet service was quick and very helpful with our luggage; even standing in the pouring rain to help us.
We stayed in the biggest suite so our room was spacious, double leveled, and was clean from top to bottom! Bathrobes, slippers, towel, toiletries, and even an umbrella were provided in the room, which were such nice touches! The interior design of the rooms are urban but also matched tastefully with the old aspects of the building itself which I really really liked. I could literally live in the room we stayed in for the rest of my life, it was that nice!
Lastly, the best part of this hotel is the breakfast. Most hotels I looked at didn't offer free breakfast, but Le Saint-Pierre offered breakfast already included in the price of your room so that was a strong deciding factor in choosing this hotel. I had expected a cheap kind of buffet style breakfast but was pleasantly surprised! You are seated by wonderful staff and given coffee and orange juice in a wine glass and your choice of breakfast from a menu. Everything from omelettes to french toast to crepes was offered, and I ordered eggs benedict and smoked salmon topped with hollandaise on a english muffins with a side of fried potatoes and fresh fruit. It was delicious and VERY filling. The food here is so good you'd sell your grandmother to get some, no joke. Also, one of the servers would sing in french as he brought out food and his voice sounded like something out of an old movie set in Paris. His voice floating through the dining room created such a nice atmosphere as the guests ate their breakfast, it was so beautiful.
The only problems that I experienced would be that the dining room for breakfast was small which meant that if you didn't get there early then you might have had to wait to be seated, the wifi didn't work our first night (but the staff fixed the problem and showed genuine concern which was nice), and there was not a lot of places to park your car near the hotel so you had to park your car using the valet service($21 dollars a night but you could have your car brought around as many times as you'd like which was very convenient, and you don't need to use your car much anyway since everything is so close).
Overall, this hotel is wonderful if you can afford it, and really added to our experience when we stayed in Quebec City and I will DEFINITELY be coming back! Tres bien!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is no small wonder that Le Saint Pierre is one of Quebec City's most sought-after properties. The combined beauty and elegance of its 200 year-old façade with the natural warmth of its interior with parquet flooring and exposed stone and brick walls is, quite simply, beautiful. Fine hotel elegance and incomparable, intimate Old Quebec charm make our 30 rooms and 9 Suites a winning combination for all our guests. Cozy, warm atmosphere as well as complimentary breakfast and Internet access await you at Le Saint Pierre, Auberge Distinctive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Saint-Pierre Auberge Distinctive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge Saint-Pierre Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge St Pierre
- Auberge Saint Pierre Quebec
- Le Saint-Pierre Auberge Distinctive Quebec/Quebec City