Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Royal William(Quebec City)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Vincent(Quebec City)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Palace Royal(Quebec City)
  • Pool
Delta Hotels Quebec(Quebec City)
  • Pool
Hotel du Capitole(Quebec City)
  • Room Service
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
1,503 results
All reviewsvalet parkingminute walkold quebecvalet servicebest westernspool and hot tubst rochup hillper daybooked this hotelhotel is locatedbuffet breakfastspacious roommini fridgechateau frontenacbwcity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I had a wonderful stay here back in April. I went on a 10 day road trip and this hotel had my favorite bed during my trip. They were wonderful; memory foam is my new favorite! Location was great, enjoyed the pool facilities, and it was nice to have the car valeted and not have to worry about that after we arrived! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JLHDIS
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Bonjour!

Thank you for your generous review about your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. We appreciate that you took the time to post it. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. The fact that our beds were your favorite of your entire trip is very flattering. All of our rooms are equipped with Essentia natural memory foam Mattresses. They are designed so that each layer of foam and latex within the mattress work together harmoniously to create a unified surface that interacts intrinsically with the human body ensuring the best possible sleep surface. I am also glad that you appreciated our valet service. We truly believe we offer the best solution for parking in the area. As you mentioned, handing your keys to a valet and not worry about parking is very worth it, especially during a vacation. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I am giving this hotel a "Very Good" rating mainly because it was surprisingly inexpensive for its class........and an "Average" seems "unfair" somehow; room was very nice, comfortable beds and great bathroom with all the expected trimmings. Check in was fine, staff were friendly. Everything was in working order. Here is why I would not return : it is a very impersonal and not memorable kind of place in a city where everything you want to see is in the Old City which oozes charm and authentic atmosphere. Even though the hotel was a fairly short walk to Old Quebec City I would rather stay there next time around as the prices for hotels or B&B s within those walls are quite competitive ( surprisingly). Moreover we were somewhat disappointed in the hotel restaurant which was not cheap and definitely not memorable. Upon check out in the morning it was convenient to be able to have a Sunday brunch there but at 15$ pr person it had virtually inedible scrambled eggs ( I cannot describe the taste but it was not of eggs - they were very "solid" with liquid escaping from them. Awful.) and disappointing baked goods - even store bought sandwich bread ; in a city supposedly famous for butter croissants and crepes. Greasy run -of- the -mill sausages and 'home fries' ......definitely not enjoyable. By contrast the dinner the night before had some nice Pickerel and reasonably good Steak on the menu. Run of the mill ho-hum vegetables as sides. Quite pricey, too ( 28-35 $ entrees). If we had been staying in the Old City I am certain we would have found some interesting restaurant to try out instead.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kdk0

Bonjour!
Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review concerning your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Center. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that we use this information greatly. There is no doubt you benefited of an inexpensive rate since Quebec City is in its mid-season right now. But the high season is at our door, the summer will hit its peak and Quebec City hotels will be very busy. Availability will become more and more rare depending on dates and, consequently, rates will fluctuate. I would like to suggest all tripadvisor readers to conduct at least one shopping session in order to compare various booking methods to fit their accommodations needs and budget to make sure to obtain the best available offer based on their exact travel dates. Contrary to the increasingly strong popular belief, waiting until the last minute to book a room, or worse, leaving home without a reservation can be risky and sometimes, result in more expensive trip than originally thought. Now, I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine service that you were expecting in regards of our buffet breakfast. You are absolutely right to expect hot and tasty baked good and I hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I can guaranty that every comment you gave has been transmitted to the Restaurant Manager to ensure that that what you experienced do not happen again. Please note that fried eggs to your liking may be request at any time when having the buffet. Simply ask your server and he or she will be pleased to serve it directly to your table, hot and tasty of course! Also, our restaurant have a large selection of “à la carte” breakfast with a choice of 16 different plates with price varying from 8.95$ to 16.95$. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my GF in May 2013 and this hotel was fantastic. I've never stayed at a BW but this place far exceeded my expectations. With that being said this place is on the level of a 3.5 and 4 star hotels in it's category class. The hotel is clean, updated, has excellent staff and service etc. Like a previous review said it's not located in the heart of "Old Quebec" but you're only a 15-20 minute walk away going into Vieux Quebec. There are still several restaurants located on the street that has the local library which provide lots of great eating options and walking as well. I got this hotel from the Priceline Express deal at a great and frankly amazing rate and with the overall price difference I think it's much wiser staying here than paying much much more and actually staying in Vieux Quebec but that is just my personal opinion. We never ate at the restaurant connected to the hotel but did eat their breakfast buffet the next morning and to be honest it was less than impressive. They had a great assortment of fresh fruits, cereals etc but in terms of the hot buffet items such as scrambled eggs, potatoes etc they just didn't hit the spot. The eggs were barely warm, potatoes and french toast soggy and the meats were less than impressive. On top of that the bill for my GF and I came out to 43 dollars including the tip. My advice is to ditch the breakfast buffet in the morning and get a solid breakfast from one of the fine cafes around town.

In terms of the room we got a room with a deluxe bathroom/shower which was amazing. You don't even get that in 4 and 5 star hotels which I regularly stay at. If you end up booking at this hotel be sure to book a room or upgrade to one that has a deluxe shower/bathroom. TRUST ME you will not be disappointed.

If you are ever in need of any assistance on where to go the staff have an easy to read and follow map and will highlight all the areas you should or need to look at.

If you're light packers and rely on doing laundry during your vacation, they have laundry service but not do it yourself. There is a local laundromat which is about a 2-5 minute walk from the hotel you can go to and if you go there my advice is to wash your clothes but don't use the dryer. We dried our clothes for about 45 minutes and they were still extremely wet so we ended up taking our clothes and hanging our clothes back to our room to dry or using the hair dryer :)

Restaurant tip: There is a pizza place called Pizzaeata which is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and its a gourmet pizza/Italian restaurant and it is to die for.

Room Tip: I stayed at Room 297 but when booking be sure to book a room with a deluxe shower/bath/bathroom. You won't be disappointed.
1  Thank brownspare

Bonjour!

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a detailed review with many relevant comments concerning your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Center. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you we use this information to do everything possible to always improve ourselves. I am disappointed we failed in satisfying you in regards of our buffet breakfast. Your comments have been passed along to the chef and some steps have already been taken in order to fix the issue. On the other hand, I am glad that everything else was to your satisfaction. Regarding the fact that you booked through Priceline, I would like to invite Trip Advisor readers to note that indeed, one can catch some very good deal on “Opaque Third Party” web sites such as Priceline or Hotwire, especially in the lower and mid-season. Many hotels just like us use those web sites to sell rooms that would go unsold otherwise. Although the hotel management will always try their best to make sure we meet and exceed our guest expectations, accordingly to the hotel availability. However the hotel cannot guarantee any specific room types nor room location in the hotel for reservations or bookings that are completed via opaque third party web sites. Traditional rooms are the only room category available for opaque web sites. However, when the availability permits it, we can arrange some upgrades for a few extra dollars. Again, thank you for your great review. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western City Plus Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

We booked a room at the Best Western after looking through several reviews. The price was right, the location was close enough to the Old City for us and the amenities were just what we were looking for after a long drive from Halifax. We arrived and were immediately greeted by the valet parking and offered assistance with our bags. The check-in was a true pleasure and the staff all made us feel completely welcome, despite our inability to speak French. The room was spacious, very comfortable and equipped with lots of extras that made it better than expected. We had a business class room that included a mini fridge and Kreunig coffee maker with several flavours of coffee and tea. The Best Western has a modern and fresh feel that made our stay quite enjoyable. When we did have requests (such as the TV remote needing new batteries) we never felt that we were being a nuisance and the staff seemed to go out of their way to make us feel at home. At one point when I asked the front counter clerk where I could go to buy some bottled water she immediately asked how many I needed and provided them as a guest courtesy. We ordered room service twice and the food was very good. We checked out the breakfast buffet but found it a bit pricey for the selection offered so we decided to skip on that. We would stay at this hotel every time we come to Quebec City and highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: The business class class rooms offer some wonderful amenities.
2  Thank compuaid
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Bonjour!
Thank you very much for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. The perfect score you gave us is truly appreciated! I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and I am sincerely happy to know that you will visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to it!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Arrived on a Sunday and had a pleasant walk around this lovely city.
The room was impersonal but fine and the bed very comfortable.
The safe was placed very high and I could not see or feel in to the back of it, so left a wallet with US$400 in the room safe (my fault for not checking that I had really put the wallet in another bag, but there we are!). When we realised we did not have the money we were in Montreal. A member of Housekeeping (Annie?) went up to the room whilst I was on the 'phone and retrieved the wallet. We had to drive back to Quebec from Montreal making a long day as we were staying Burlington Vermont!
But thank you so much for being so helpful!
Hotel in good situation.
Two tips:
1) there is undercover parking just around the corner from the hotel if you don't want to use the (friendly and helpful) valet car parking service. Road parking is not an option.
2) this hotel offers 1:1 rate between US and Canadian dollars - pay in US$ cash for this rate. The payment slip to my US$ debit card gave an amount in $'s but did not show it as $CAN and I thought they had charged me in $US, so I paid a little more and did not get the 1:1 rate. Had I paid in cash I would have noticed I didn't have the US dollar wallet, but would not have seen 2 moose on our journey back through to Burlington Vermont!
Service really is the word at this hotel.

1  Thank sdsw12

Bonjour!
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments concerning your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Center. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that we use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Quebec City and that you were able to retrieve you wallet before it was too late! I would like to take the opportunity to explain a little bit more about currency exchange. Indeed, we do exchange us money at the Front Desk with a 1:1 rate as of today. This rate may vary from time to time along with the worldwide market. Regarding the fees charged on your debit card, in fact, these fees have nothing to do with us. As a Canadian merchant, we have charged a Canadian price. Then, your US account has been debited and your bank has determined the conversion rate exchange and possibly, charge additional withdrawal fees. I strongly suggest to all non-Canadian travelers to contact their bank for more information about the best way to save on currency exchange while vacationing in Canada. Again, thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, it was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City.