“comfortable, friendly, unbelievable value”

Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville
Ranked #37 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 May 2014

we are a family of two adults and two kids (12 and 7), traveled to Quebec City from NYC for Easter break; we had never been to QC before that and just happened to book the hotel following an online advise from someone who had booked the hotel via bidding on priceline for $50. i was extremely cautious because we had not stayed in hotels of less that 4 stars for at least a decade, and this hotel, apart from being a 3 star, isn’t in the best part of the city center. at the end, we all loved everything about it - people who run it, people who work there, you are a team, guys, and you are doing a great job, thank you so much!

GREAT mattresses - such a great sleep and such a contrast to marriot chateau champlain in Montréal, where we stayed later on that trip and couldn’t sleep so awful their mattresses were, even though the hotel sells itself like a "luxury". Best Western PlUS City Center – don’t confuse with another Best Western in QC – is VERY CLEAN and very well kept, decent pool, which my kids loved. people at the front desk are seem to be sincerely friendly that you feel truly welcome from the very beginning. the atmosphere is right, the location is right - it's a nice 20 min walk (if you are with kids) to the most attractions, or $7 taxi ride. EASY PARKING on a street just by the hotel.

VERY HELPFUL STAF – I asked so many questions and always felt welcome to ask more. (Just don’t recommend Bello Restaurant to your guests, guys – they are rude people serving bad food: tried to charge us 35% tip on the top of the tip that was already included in the bill as they probably though I had so much wine that was drunk when paid; their risotto was raw and instead of replacing it, they just microwaved it). When I wanted to extend our stay at the hotel, I was only able to get it for $75 a nigh via priceline bidding. The hotel restaurant food is just OK (breakfast). Someone had mentioned pastries in earlier reviews – we haven’t seen any as of April 2014.

Room Tip: book via priceline (bidding or express) to lower the price; ask for business section when checking i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ann o
Marie-Eve C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Bonjour!

Thank you for your great review concerning stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post it. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. . Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. There are no doubt you caught a great deal with this last minute booking! We are using Opaque websites to sell rooms that would go unsold otherwise. Therefore we cannot guarantee any specific room to client using opaque web site to complete their reservation. As you mentioned, under the Priceline rating skale we are categorized as a 3-star hotel. However, according to CAA/AAA we are a 3-diamond hotel and the Quebec Tourism Office classified us as a 4-star hotel! Our high quality Essentia natural memory foam mattresses are well loved by the majority of our guests, just like you. I am also glad you enjoyed our “very clean” rooms and our “very helpful staff”! Concerning your comment on the Bello Restaurant, please be sure that I will contact them ti know what happen and I will advise our front desk staff of this event. Again, thank you for a most generous review. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here two nights during our visit to Quebec. Check was was efficient and friendly and we were soon in our rooms. The rooms were a good size with very comfortable beds and a great bathroom. The decor is a bit dated and could do with an upgrade but it was all kept very clean. The restaurant we used in the hotel for dinner and breakfast was only fair with slow service despite the restaurant not being too full. The food was okay but we decided to eat elsewhere for the rest of the stay. The small coffee shop also in the hotel was, by contrast, great. Good coffee and great service there. A small grip was the cost of parking the car which is done by valet parking but the car left in an open air but secure lot next door.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lionel41

Bonjour,

Thank you for your great comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our ‘’efficient and friendly’’ staff as well as our comfy and spacious rooms. Please, be sure that it was my great pleasure to share such great comments with our entire team, knowing that they will serve as motivation! Concerning your comment on the décor a bit dated, we continually renovate and renew our decor, part by part, every year, focusing on comfort and practical classic features for travelers in order to always improve ourselves. Of course our style is more conventional than many hotels, but I may assure you that we know the importance of up-to-date décor and appliances. However, I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine service that you were expecting at the Bistro Le 330 and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I can guaranty that every comment you gave has been transmitted to the Restaurant Manager to ensure that that what you experienced do not happen again. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City!

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights at this very nice hotel.
Parking is a bit expensive at 24$ a night but if you need it the valet service brings it real fast.
The room was big, two queen beds, everything clean. You can choose when you want to have your room service.
The hotel is a great starting point for the exploration of Quebec City. Around the hotel are a lot of restaurants bars pups and stores. Supermarket is 5min to walk.
All in all a great hotel for an acceptable price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Bonjour!

Thank you for your most generous comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. I will proudly display your review on our bulletin board, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts in providing service that goes beyond guest’s expectations. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City. We look forward to it!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent one night at this hotel on our way back to Atlantic Canada from Ottawa. I booked the room on priceline and got a steal of a deal. Despite a late check-in at the hotel we were offered a complimentary upgrade to a room with a deluxe shower. It was really something.

The hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was friendly and helpful. I was a bit disappointed that the hotel was so far from Vieux Québec (but I booked on priceline not knowing which hotel it would be so that's my fault) and disappointed that the parking was so expensive. However, despite those cost of parking I still paid much less than a comparable room closer to the old city.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and our room looked into the windows of the building across. Not really a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the post them. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. There are no doubt you caught a great deal with this last minute booking! We are using Opaque websites to sell rooms that would go unsold otherwise. Therefore we cannot guarantee any specific room to client using opaque web site to complete their reservation. As you mentioned, when the availability permits it, we like to upgrade guests to either business class rooms or executive class rooms, since pleasing guests is our #1 goal! I am very glad to read that you enjoyed our great executive rooms! Concerning your comments on our location, it is true that the Old City is a short uphill walk of 15 minutes (1.2 Km) but here is a tip: There is a free elevator at the end of de la Couronne Street so you do not tire yourself climbing the hill. We effectively offer a valet parking which is 24$ plus taxes per night and is in and out privileges. This kind of parking is a must in Quebec City due to the fact that streets are really small and there is no much self-parking and parking lots in the Downtown area, but is absolutely not mandatory. The valet parking is then the easiest and even, usually, the cheapest way to park. Moreover, if you prefer to be free of mind, you may always try the bus or train facilities. We are within 10 minutes walking distance from the bus and train terminal and it gives you the chance to know Quebec City from a different angle. Again, thanks for taking the time, it was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We chose this hotel for our four night stay because it had convenient car parking and was close to the old city. Hotel had friendly efficient staff and the room was very comfortable and well equipped. Valet car parking worked quickly delivering the car outside the hotel.

Walking to the old city gate took about 20 minutes much of it uphill. We were pleased to have the exercise but others may find this a bit much. There are restaurants close to the hotel if the walk seems too much. The food in Quebec city is so good that a good walk every day is a necessity. We had a very long walking day one time and decided to use the hotel restaurant one evening. The food and service were excellent with a special deal including a bottle of wine.

Quebec city is fascinating. A piece of Europe in North America. We were also interested in its history as the place where the decision of France to leave North America was made as a result of battles fought next to the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. Wow! Since I am the Customer Service Manager of the hotel, I must say that reading you enjoyed our amazing city that much is the most fantastic feeling. Our entire team strives daily to share the incommensurable love we have for Quebec City and I am so glad to read that you enjoyed it as much as we do. As you stated, Quebec City is fascinating and deserved to be discover! I am proudly passing on your comments, knowing that they will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. Our great location, our devoted service staff and furthermore, our incredible guests, permit us to constantly improve our performance and I want to, sincerely, thank you for being a great part of this amazing process. Concerning the uphill walk to get to the old Quebec City, it is true that it takes about 15 minutes. However, there are multiple public transportations as well as an elevator that may help you get up to the oldest part of the town without any effort! It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will think of us next time you will be visiting Quebec City! We look forward to it!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel with my elderly mother for one night for my brothers wedding on May 9, 2014. The staff here we're wonderful and very accommodating for my mother who needs to use a walker and an oxygen tank.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Marie-Eve C, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Bonjour!

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our “great service” as they went over and beyond for you. We strive on a daily basis to ensure that our staff always takes time to interact with guests in suggesting activities, showing directions and answering all of their requests. As always, I am proudly passing on your comments to the entire team knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to continue our constant efforts. Indeed, the comfort, the security and the satisfaction of our guests are very important to us and we strive daily to ensure them the most memorable experience as possible. In this optic, we thus invested in adapted room for impaired mobility individuals, allowing them to fully enjoy their hotel experience without any limitations. Again, thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My family and I stayed in this hotel for 2 evenings in early May.
Pros:
- Price : Good (except parking)
- Service : Good, friendly
- Room : Clean, Size is OK.
- Location : OK, not great.
Cons:
- Parking

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve C

Bonjour!

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. It is sad you were not able to enjoy our neighborhood at its best. In fact, the Nouvo St-Roch is a new tourist destination born in dynamic sector of the capital, on the sidelines of Old Quebec. Our sector was the old working class neighborhood now reborn as centerstage for the city’s artistic events and as a cultural hub. Restaurant of all styles and prices in addition of a host of different boutiques are located on the popular St-Joseph Street, within five minutes walking form our hotel. Moreover, we effectively offer a valet parking which is 24$ plus taxes per night and is in and out privileges. This kind of parking is a must in Quebec City due to the fact that streets are really small and there is no much self-parking and parking lots in the Downtown area. The valet parking is then the easiest and even, usually, the cheapest way to park. Moreover, if you prefer to be free of mind, you may always try the bus or train facilities. We are within 10 minutes walking distance from the bus and train terminal and it gives you the chance to know Quebec City from a different angle. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City. We look forward to it!