we are a family of two adults and two kids (12 and 7), traveled to Quebec City from NYC for Easter break; we had never been to QC before that and just happened to book the hotel following an online advise from someone who had booked the hotel via bidding on priceline for $50. i was extremely cautious because we had not stayed in hotels of less that 4 stars for at least a decade, and this hotel, apart from being a 3 star, isn’t in the best part of the city center. at the end, we all loved everything about it - people who run it, people who work there, you are a team, guys, and you are doing a great job, thank you so much!
GREAT mattresses - such a great sleep and such a contrast to marriot chateau champlain in Montréal, where we stayed later on that trip and couldn’t sleep so awful their mattresses were, even though the hotel sells itself like a "luxury". Best Western PlUS City Center – don’t confuse with another Best Western in QC – is VERY CLEAN and very well kept, decent pool, which my kids loved. people at the front desk are seem to be sincerely friendly that you feel truly welcome from the very beginning. the atmosphere is right, the location is right - it's a nice 20 min walk (if you are with kids) to the most attractions, or $7 taxi ride. EASY PARKING on a street just by the hotel.
VERY HELPFUL STAF – I asked so many questions and always felt welcome to ask more. (Just don’t recommend Bello Restaurant to your guests, guys – they are rude people serving bad food: tried to charge us 35% tip on the top of the tip that was already included in the bill as they probably though I had so much wine that was drunk when paid; their risotto was raw and instead of replacing it, they just microwaved it). When I wanted to extend our stay at the hotel, I was only able to get it for $75 a nigh via priceline bidding. The hotel restaurant food is just OK (breakfast). Someone had mentioned pastries in earlier reviews – we haven’t seen any as of April 2014.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy 4-stars accommodation at this Quebec City hotel when visiting this charming and historic city. Located in the heart of the Quebec City business community and easily accessible from main highways, the Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville is an ideal choice for business or leisure travelers. Located a short distance from the Old City, cruise ship terminal and Plains of Abraham, this Quebec City hotel offers easy access to the Videotron Centre, the Museum of Civilization, the Quebec Convention Center and the Quebec Fine Arts Museum. Guests staying at the hotel will be close to all of the entertainment and major happening of Quebec City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville Hotel Quebec City
- Best Western Quebec City
- Quebec City Best Western
- Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville Quebec/Quebec City