“Superb hotel”

Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville
Ranked #37 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you don't mind a 30 minute walk to the Old City, this hotel is superb. It is one block away from one of the main Quebec City Streets with bars and shopping, Rue St Joseph. It's about 10 minutes from the Marche aux Quebec (Farmer's Market) and a nice 20-30 minute waterfront stroll to the Old City. The hotel had a wonderful buffet breakfast. It is in a quiet street in the Center City but a short walk to all the action! A pool...complimentary newspapers...a gym...Keurig coffee in the rooms...and a really, really spacious room! Couldn't ask for more!

Oh, yes, they also have a bar with leather seats attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Marie-Eve C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Bonjour!

Thank you for your most generous comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. As you mentioned, our strategic situation is a great plus to anyone that would like to discover all the beauties that Quebec City has to offer! It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City. We look forward to it!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We usually are very satisfied with the rooms and service at Best Western Hotels, and this one in downtown Quebec City was no exception. We received a warm, friendly welcome during the smooth check-in process. Our room was spacious and very clean. The huge shower in particular was wonderful and something I wish I had at home. The service as far as providing plenty of towels and toiletries was impeccable. The hotel offers efficient valet parking which we appreciated also. We had breakfast at the restaurant in house on one of our two days in Quebec and loved the fresh crepes with bananas and chocolate sauce. The service there was also outstanding.

1  Thank Hexy

Bonjour!

Thank you for your great comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. Your feedback is very much appreciated as we take this information in consideration to analyze our performance and, eventually, take measures to recreate an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Your contribution helps us to always get further in outstanding service quality and we sincerely thank you for the time you spent sharing your experience with TripAdvisor members! Be sure I was very pleased to share your comments with our entire team! As I can read, you seem to have really enjoyed our Executive Rooms. For TripAdvisor Travelers: did you know that we offer 3 room categories? Indeed, we provide traditional rooms, business class rooms and executive rooms. All categories offer the same level of quality and cleanliness but business class and executive categories offer you that little plus most of people are looking for! By booking a business class room you are guarantee to be on a higher floor, mini-fridge, Keurig coffee maker, bathrobes and deluxe amenities as well. If you are looking for more, an executive room is for you. These rooms are in a private section of the hotel and offer the same benefits as the business class but the main advantage is the large deluxe glass shower with rain shower head instead of the regular bath with shower. It is a must! Again, thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, it was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre the next time you are in Quebec City!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel to tour the city before we boarded our cruise ship. Our plans got delayed because of flight cancellations. The front desk checked us in quickly and upgraded us to an executive room which we appreciated very much. The room was very comfortable and clean. The hotel was busy but the rooms were quiet so it was very restful. The front desk and front door staff we very helpful with answering questions and giving directions. They even made a couple of phone calls to places if they did not know the answers. This was above and beyond what we expected. It is a short walk to the Upper Town and Lower Town so it is conveneint to everything. When it was time to leave to board our ship they arranged a cab for us and gave us an estimate on the costs. We would stay here again and would recommend it to family and friends visiting the area.

Bonjour,

Thank you for your generous review about your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that we use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I am glad you enjoyed our great location, the comfort of our rooms and our dedicated staff service. In fact, we are located downtown Quebec City, in the Nouvo St-Roch district to be more precise. According to Google Maps, there is actually 1.2 km (0.75 miles) that separates our property from the entrance of the Old City which is approximately 15 minutes by walk. We are effectively situated within walking distance from the cruise terminal. Taxis and public transportations are destination for cruises. Besides during the cruise boarding and turnovers they may be difficult to catch and prices may vary. The front desk staff is trained to give you the more effective and efficient information possible. So if you are coming in Quebec City for a cruise, please be sure to be aware of all eventualities! Finally, please be sure that I was very pleased to share such great comments with our entire team, knowing that they will serve as daily inspiration! They work hard daily to go “above and beyond” our guest expectations and I am very glad that you enjoyed this always available, but I would like to advise TripAdvisor readers that Quebec City is a prime little attention they have! Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope you will think of us when you will be back in Quebec City.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

It is very clean. I like the bathroom. The bed is very comfortable. It looks like it is newly built. And they have an elegant restaurant just below the lobby.

However, the housekeeping didn't clean the room because he thought we put up Do Not Disturb sign. I had to complain, caused what I put up was preferences how I like the room to be cleaned. Another thing, what I dislike is the parking fee, which cost 25$ per day.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Marie-Eve C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Bonjour!

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. . As a matter of fact, the importance of a clean and well-maintained hotel has become the number one priority for guests, just like you. We take several steps to ensure to deliver clean room daily, so guest can enjoy the comfort of our room free of mind. As the service, cleanliness is one of our most important priority and we are very proud to read that you enjoyed the quality of our establishment! Be sure I was very pleased to share such good comments with our front desk and housekeeping staff, which strive daily to offer our guests the most amazing stay as possible. However I am very disappointed about the Do Not Disturb sign issue you experienced. Please be sure that this is absolutely not usual and that I am taking all possible measures to make sure this event will not happen again. Moreover, we effectively offer a valet parking which is 24$ plus taxes per night and is in and out privileges. This kind of parking is a must in Quebec City due to the fact that streets are really small and there is no much self-parking and parking lots in the Downtown area. The valet parking is then the easiest and even, usually, the cheapest way to park. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City. We look forward to it!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

we are a family of two adults and two kids (12 and 7), traveled to Quebec City from NYC for Easter break; we had never been to QC before that and just happened to book the hotel following an online advise from someone who had booked the hotel via bidding on priceline for $50. i was extremely cautious because we had not stayed in hotels of less that 4 stars for at least a decade, and this hotel, apart from being a 3 star, isn’t in the best part of the city center. at the end, we all loved everything about it - people who run it, people who work there, you are a team, guys, and you are doing a great job, thank you so much!

GREAT mattresses - such a great sleep and such a contrast to marriot chateau champlain in Montréal, where we stayed later on that trip and couldn’t sleep so awful their mattresses were, even though the hotel sells itself like a "luxury". Best Western PlUS City Center – don’t confuse with another Best Western in QC – is VERY CLEAN and very well kept, decent pool, which my kids loved. people at the front desk are seem to be sincerely friendly that you feel truly welcome from the very beginning. the atmosphere is right, the location is right - it's a nice 20 min walk (if you are with kids) to the most attractions, or $7 taxi ride. EASY PARKING on a street just by the hotel.

VERY HELPFUL STAF – I asked so many questions and always felt welcome to ask more. (Just don’t recommend Bello Restaurant to your guests, guys – they are rude people serving bad food: tried to charge us 35% tip on the top of the tip that was already included in the bill as they probably though I had so much wine that was drunk when paid; their risotto was raw and instead of replacing it, they just microwaved it). When I wanted to extend our stay at the hotel, I was only able to get it for $75 a nigh via priceline bidding. The hotel restaurant food is just OK (breakfast). Someone had mentioned pastries in earlier reviews – we haven’t seen any as of April 2014.

Room Tip: book via priceline (bidding or express) to lower the price; ask for business section when checking i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ann o
Marie-Eve C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Bonjour!

Thank you for your great review concerning stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post it. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. . Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. There are no doubt you caught a great deal with this last minute booking! We are using Opaque websites to sell rooms that would go unsold otherwise. Therefore we cannot guarantee any specific room to client using opaque web site to complete their reservation. As you mentioned, under the Priceline rating skale we are categorized as a 3-star hotel. However, according to CAA/AAA we are a 3-diamond hotel and the Quebec Tourism Office classified us as a 4-star hotel! Our high quality Essentia natural memory foam mattresses are well loved by the majority of our guests, just like you. I am also glad you enjoyed our “very clean” rooms and our “very helpful staff”! Concerning your comment on the Bello Restaurant, please be sure that I will contact them ti know what happen and I will advise our front desk staff of this event. Again, thank you for a most generous review. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here two nights during our visit to Quebec. Check was was efficient and friendly and we were soon in our rooms. The rooms were a good size with very comfortable beds and a great bathroom. The decor is a bit dated and could do with an upgrade but it was all kept very clean. The restaurant we used in the hotel for dinner and breakfast was only fair with slow service despite the restaurant not being too full. The food was okay but we decided to eat elsewhere for the rest of the stay. The small coffee shop also in the hotel was, by contrast, great. Good coffee and great service there. A small grip was the cost of parking the car which is done by valet parking but the car left in an open air but secure lot next door.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lionel41

Bonjour,

Thank you for your great comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our ‘’efficient and friendly’’ staff as well as our comfy and spacious rooms. Please, be sure that it was my great pleasure to share such great comments with our entire team, knowing that they will serve as motivation! Concerning your comment on the décor a bit dated, we continually renovate and renew our decor, part by part, every year, focusing on comfort and practical classic features for travelers in order to always improve ourselves. Of course our style is more conventional than many hotels, but I may assure you that we know the importance of up-to-date décor and appliances. However, I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine service that you were expecting at the Bistro Le 330 and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I can guaranty that every comment you gave has been transmitted to the Restaurant Manager to ensure that that what you experienced do not happen again. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City!

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights at this very nice hotel.
Parking is a bit expensive at 24$ a night but if you need it the valet service brings it real fast.
The room was big, two queen beds, everything clean. You can choose when you want to have your room service.
The hotel is a great starting point for the exploration of Quebec City. Around the hotel are a lot of restaurants bars pups and stores. Supermarket is 5min to walk.
All in all a great hotel for an acceptable price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Bonjour!

Thank you for your most generous comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. I will proudly display your review on our bulletin board, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts in providing service that goes beyond guest’s expectations. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City. We look forward to it!