Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville
US$397
US$367
  • Restaurant
Le Manoir d'Auteuil(Quebec City)
US$216
US$236
US$203
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Auberge Aux Deux Lions(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$137
Hotel 71(Quebec City)
US$339
US$313
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sepia(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$148
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$359
HotelsClick
  • Pool
1,516 results
All reviewsvalet parkingminute walkold quebecvalet servicebest westernspool and hot tubst rochup hillper daybooked this hotelhotel is locatedbuffet breakfastspacious roommini fridgechateau frontenacbwcity
Reviewed 9 April 2009

I have to agree with previous comments re reception. We got the feeling that we were definitely not welcome and that everything was too much trouble. Although we had paid in advance the hotel demanded a credit card 'for services' and when we said that we would not be using any they said that we had a car therefore we had already accrued 18 dollars. I found out the next morning that they had made a charge of 200 dollars on my card as a deposit against restaurant bills etc. My wife was acute enough to request the return of the card slip.
We booked through Priceline and found that we were given the room with the smallest bathroom in the hotel and, I think, the smallest I have ever seen. When challenged the receptionist said that the hotel was full and this was the only room available.Funnily enough we saw very few other guests.
The hotel is in a less than salubrious area of town where I would think twice before wandering out alone and it seemed to be on some sort of bus terminus.
We were surprised to finf glass tumblers in the bathroom, this with a marble washstand and ceramic tile floor. We moved them out very quickly!
Based on the frosty reception and the 'econical with the truth' receptionist I would not recommend this hotel to any one!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hollyoskar
BWCV-Manager, Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2009

We would like to thank you for your comments following your recent stay in Quebec City. Our property is located in the revitalized St-Roch district 15 - 20 minutes walking distance from the historic Old Quebec. "RTC" buses 800 -801 can take you near the Old Quebec in 2 - 3 minutes(2.60$). Our Italian restaurant is opened for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Room service is available until 10 pm at night. Valet parking is available with an extra charge for our guests. Details available upon check in. We also invite you to discover St-Joseph street with its restaurants, cafés, boutiques and up scale shops. We also suggest to walk down the street at night to enjoy a "free to public venue" from the famous Cirque du Soleil until September 6th. 2009 Wednesdays thru Sundays. Priceline is a discount travel site that offers low prices for unsold room (Run of the House). The travellers who use Priceline should "make their own price (bid price)" and Priceline find a hotel who are accept your bid. we have made some researches to understand what happened during your arrival to the hotel. First, I would like to inform you about our registration policy at our property. Upon arrival, we always ask for a credit card and we take an authorization on it. This authorization is higher than the cost of the room so that the guests can charge incidentals on their room bill. The front desk clerk who did your registration was a new employee. Unfortunately, she had made a mistake about the amount of the credit authorization for your room. I appreciate your taking the time to write a review and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed 17 February 2009

The Best Western is far from the tourist areas of Quebec City. It is located in a nondescript area with not a whole lot going on. It is an uphill walk to get to the scenic part of the city or a not so cheap cab ride. If you can afford a little more, go someplace else. The room we stayed in was large but smelled of bug repellent or something similar. There were no opening windows in the room and so the stench was contained. The staff placed an air cleaner in the room, but the smell remained. It was as unromantic an experience I can remember. In addition, don't expect to helped with your bags and do expect to pay a parking fee just about anywhere you stay in much of Quebec City. Also, do not eat at the restaurant in this hotel! It is awful! I can just about eat anything but not the slop from here! The hotel is cheap for a reason, I won (lost) this great deal on Priceline for about 62 dollars a night and it isn't as great as they claim on the Priceline site.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple

We would like to thank you for your comments following your recent stay in Quebec City. Our property is located in the revitalized (early stage) St-Roch district 15 - 20 minutes walking distance from the historic Old Quebec. "RTC" buses 800 -801 can take you near the Old Quebec in 2 - 3 minutes(2.60$). We change our restaurant. Now is an Italian restaurant is opened for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Room service is available until 10 pm at night. Valet parking is available with an extra charge for our guests. Details available upon check in. We also invite you to discover St-Joseph street with its restaurants, cafés, boutiques and up scale shops. We also suggest to walk down the street at night to enjoy a "free to public venue" from the famous Cirque du Soleil until September 6th. 2009 Wednesdays thru Sundays. Priceline is a discount travel site that offers low prices for unsold room (Run of the House). The travellers who use Priceline should "make their own price (bid price)" and Priceline find a hotel who are accept your bid. we have made some researches to understand what happened during your arrival to the hotel. First, I would like to inform you about our registration policy at our property. Upon arrival, we always ask for a credit card and we take an authorization on it. This authorization is higher than the cost of the room so that the guests can charge incidentals on their room bill. The front desk clerk who did your registration was a new employee. Unfortunately, she had made a mistake about the amount of the credit authorization for your room. I appreciate your taking the time to write a review and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed 11 February 2009

I was assigned a room on the top floor. After receiving a parking ticket in town (only 3 minutes overdue) I decided to leave the car there and get up early in the morning (the hotel parking looked a bit tricky and expensive).

However there was so much humming noise coming from the ceiling (buggered HVAC bearings?) that I found it impossible to get to sleep. The primary purpose of *any* hotel is to have a bed to sleep in; if the room is too noisy then it's not fit for purpose. The staff couldn't or wouldn't assign me another room, wouldn't provide me with sleeping pills, and wouldn't offer me anything better than a marginal discount. Not at all impressed.

Ended up staying at a $30-ish-per-night motel somewhere near Sainte-Eulalie.

Location-wise I knew it was a bit out of the way, though the distance is compounded by a pretty steep hill.

If I ever return to Quebec City, I'll be staying at the Clarendon. Much nicer experience in every dimension.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
BWCV-Manager, MAnager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2009

Thank you for you comments following your stay at the Best Western City Centre Quebec. I appreciate your taking the time to write a review and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and services that you were expecting. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed 11 February 2009

The hotel is okay, not really central to old Quebec. The room was nothing special with an oddly-placed sofa in front of the window. The view was nothing special - the rooftops of old Quebec. The restaurant was nothing special, but a bit pricy. The neighbourhood was okay, not dangerous but somehow everything seemed a trot.

But oh the parking. What a pain. Drawback 1 is the unavoidable great long wait at the front desk to get your free parking token; you have to stand in line with all the people checking in in the evening or out in the morning. What a bore. I had to wait one morning for 8 minutes in a crowded lobby just to get to my car. Drawback 2 is the great long walk to the car. What tedium. What a dingy hallway. Drawback 3 is the tiny parking stalls that require great skill to get in and out of - thank goodness for power steering.

I was in Quebec for business and then for pleasure; when my business was done I check out of that pain of a hotel and went someplace else which was much better.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

First, we would like to thank you for your comments and review following your recent stay in Quebec City. The hotel offers a valet service for parking at 18.00$/car/day with in and out privileges. Quebec City and its city center is a "walkable" city therefore we do invite you to discover the only walled city located north of Mexico and its attractions.

Reviewed 11 January 2009

Booked a one night stay for around 60 Canadian Dollars, so I didn't have high expectations.

Well, after the taxi driver (who got paid 40 Dollars) from the Airport dropped me at reception I was met by David. He spoke English, he was welcoming, sincere and very pleasant.

He switched my twin room to a king room, without me requesting, the room itself was spacious, not too warm but it was -12 degrees outside. He also rang my room 10 mins later to ask if everything was okay (first time ever I've experienced that kind of service).

He was also more than happy to give me some tourist advice and he is certainly an asset to the hotel.

I tried the pool, but the water was really cold - it actually needed increasing by at least 5-8 degrees to be swimable. But the hot tub was nice and warm, but was very busy with people coming and going all the time.

I didn't try the restaurant or breakfast, but I had a very good time at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

First, we would like to thank you for your comments and review following your recent stay in Quebec City. Our hotel is located city center in the new revitalized St Roch district across the street from the Quebec City Public Library and within 15 - 20 minutes walking distance from the Historic Old City.Thank you for taking the time to tell us, by Tripadvisor, of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit at our hotel. We consider dedicated and competent staff members, like David (front desk), as our most valuable asset. He was pleased that you acknowledged his efforts.