“Comfortable and well located”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec
Ranked #42 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 21 February 2012

First of all, here's a tip for Delta hotels: subscribe to the privilege program. It will give you free Internet in the room and some perks if you plan to stay in any of the chain's hotel. Best of all: it's free.

The Delta Quebec is probably the best Delta I have stayed at. I go to Quebec city every month and always stay there because of it's location.
On the positive side: the beds are very confortable, the rooms are quite big, the staff is excellent.
On the negative side: it's about time they finish renovating the rooms. The older rooms, while clean, are decorated in 80's fashion. There's is only wired internet.

I'm pretty sure the hotel is working hard to finish the renovating job, and I've seen some evolution in my past trips. For example, last time I went, they had replaced the old TV set by a flat screen. Not a big perk, but at least it's a start. The rooms themselves are supposed to be completely changed at the end of spring. I hope they work on the lobby area and the elevators as well, which are also outdated.

Another suggestion would be to offer wi-fi for the Internet access. I believe it's the only hotel in Quebec I've stayed at that doesn't offer it. Not that I mind wired, since I have a laptop with a network connection, but I can see that being an issue with Ipad or other tablets which don't have a wired connection.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Good day,

First of all, I would like to personally thank you for the time you took for the comments you wrote about your stay at the Delta Québec. Be sure that your comments have been sent forward to the leadership team of the hotel and will be taken into consideration. Your opinion is important for our establishment and provides us with helpful hints about what we can do to improve the quality of our product and services. As a fact, we have started our major renovations to keep up with our customer’s expectations. Your satisfaction is the goal we are always trying to reach, as we are looking forward to be your host once again on your next visit in our gorgeous city of Quebec.

There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and it was alright. I had paid $233 for the room, which did not include the parking which was an additional $24 for 24 hours. The location of the hotel was ok. It was right between old Quebec City where the shops are and where the trendy restaurants are. The room was outdated and I was on the highest floor (5th) of the hotel with one of the better views. I was just disappointed as the building is a high building but anything above the 5th floor was offices so it was deceiving. The rooms were outdated, there was no wifi, parking was expensive. Overall, I would only stay here again if it was really cheap. I found we could have had better location or views or amenities elsewhere. Internet in the room is $10.99 FYI.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Good day,

We thank you for the time taken to bring to us this situation. We would like to apologize for the situation that happened during your stay in the Delta Québec, however, I would like to answer some misunderstands. Our hotel is shared with governmental offices, but we occupy the first twelve (12) levels of the building which we owned. Your personal view of you stay in our establishment was brought to the leadership team and we are pleased to announce that the Wi-Fi Internet access will be connected in the whole hotel for free on April 1st 2012, Thank you again for your opinion, and we would love to host you again on your next visit of the lively Quebec City and to make you live the Delta experience up to your expectations, in our new establishment, as we are into major renovations.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

The location was great and staff was very friendly, probably the friendliest I have ever encountered. My room left a bit to be desired - view was nice but the room was very dated. I had hoped I would get one of the renovated rooms since I had a Delta privilege card but no luck on that front. It looked like renovations had begun in my room as the front of the sink area was missing part of the countertop. The bed mattress set was on the floor with no legs or very short legs (I didn't look) so the bed was extremely low, bed was very old but comfortable. TV was extremely old - no flat screen here and there was a charge of 11.00 a day for internet or you could use the business centre for 15 minutes. Walls were paper-thin - I could hear everything in both rooms on both sides of me and in the hall.

I didn't do breakfast in the restaurant (I avoid expensive hotel breakfasts) but we did eat lunch. Lunch had a table d'hote for 17.99 that was FABULOUS!!!!

I would return as they give aeroplan points and they are very well located close to old Quebec and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Reviewed 2 February 2012

This hotel is typical of a 4 star chain hotel. The check-in area is formal. The rooms are well appointed and the beds are comfortable. The parking is expensive and there is no breakfast. The hotel is very tall. The front desk is on the third floor. If you have luggage, avoid the escalators and take an elevator to the third floor. Careful using the elevators past the third floor as they are specific. It is located at a very high point. The old town area is downhill, and then uphill on your return. That wasn't great with the icy sidewalks when I visited. Shovelling is not a high priority anywhere in town. The lounge was very comfortable and relaxing. The staff there was great as was the cheese plate. This is an ideal location for Carnivale.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Good day

We wish to thank you for taking the time to complete your comment following your recent stay at the Delta Québec. Please rest assured that your comments have been taken into consideration. Your feedback is of the utmost importance as it provides insight in order for us to improve the quality of our product and services. I can assure you that we will pass along your good words. We look forward to hosting you once again on your next visit to the beautiful Quebec City, in our new Delta Quebec Hotel, as we actually are renovating the hotel.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

We made the trip during the Christmas break of 2011. We called the hotel in advance of the arrival and asked them if they could upgrade us, and they did, to a room with a great view of Quebec city.

I had booked it through expedia for about $ 70 a night, and while I could have got cheaper hotels, I choose this for the proximity to the old city, which is within a 5 minute walk. I used the concierge for the car parking which was almost $ 25 per day with taxes.

Overall, the room and the bathroom were good and clean and had everything we needed.The room included free internet through the LAN. Wireless was extra, but I didn't need it. No noise issues. Their continental breakfast is good, but a bit pricey. We had most of our other meals in the Old City.

The front desk and conceirge were very helpful in giving us direction of how to navigate through the city, suggestions on where to eat and things to do during our time in Quebec. Check-in and Check-out was very smooth.

The overall experience was really good and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: - Signup to be a Delta member on their website (its free) and it comes with a few perks, I think int...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Good day,

We wish to thank you for taking the time to complete your comment following your stay at the Delta Québec during the Xmas. Please rest assured that your comments have been taken into consideration. Your feedback is of the utmost importance as it provides insight in order for us to improve the quality of our product and services. I can assure you that we will pass along your good words to our concierge departement. We look forward to hosting you once again on your next visit to the beautiful Quebec City, in our new Delta Quebec Hotel, which is going through major renovations.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

(August 2011) The Delta Hotel is a great value in a very romantic (but pricey) city. For the value, the Delta was fantastic. I found it to be much lower in price than others close by. This is not a luxury hotel, but we found it a perfect spot from which to explore everything. I would mention that when I was booking, many trip advisor reviews said the Delta was far from Quebec City attractions and that the walking was strenuous, but we found the walking distance pleasant and manageable. In summer, make sure to get directions to the free Cirque du Soleil...it is magical. Also, make sure to eat at Bistro Sous le Fort... Fantastic!
Pros: Close to Old City
also close to modern area with bars and bakeries, etc.
A souvenir wine opener was in our room which we kept as a special reminder of our trip
Very, very comfortable bed... Like sleeping on a cloud

Cons: It's true, this hotel could use an update.
Our room smelled like cigarette smoke and windows do not open to let air in or out:( It was a non smoking room.

Cons

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Good day,

We would like to thank you for your personal view of your stay at the Delta Québec. In fact, this comment will definitely help our improvement toward the future. Furthermore, we have sent forward your comment to the leadership team, as your satisfaction is our top priority, at any time. It was a pleasure to be your host in the marvellous Quebec City, and we would love to welcome you again in your next trip to the capital of Quebec, in our new Delta Quebec Hotel, as our hotel is going through major renovations.

Stephane Guy

Stephane

Reviewed 28 December 2011

very nice hotel, looks like they are going to make a upgrade coming up in 2012. pet friendly for a very good price,nice breakfast buffet and very close to old quebec 5 min walk.
thanks to a manager of the hotel on duty on the 28/12/2012 i had my money back for a check out 1 day before,this was not possible with a supervisor on duty on the 26.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank stefano b

Good day,

First of all, I would like to personally thank you for the time you took for the comments you wrote about your stay at the Delta Québec. Be sure that your comments have been sent forward to the leadership team of the hotel and will be taken into consideration. Your opinion is important for our establishment and provides us with helpful hints about what we can do to improve the quality of our product and services. As a fact, we are going through major renovations to keep up with our customer’s expectations. Your satisfaction is the goal we are always trying to reach, as we are looking forward to be your host once again on your next visit in our gorgeous city of Quebec.