“Excellent hotel.”

Ranked #41 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Vancovuer, BC
“Excellent hotel.”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This was the best hotel of our trip. Very close to the train station. Free WiFi that actually worked. It is only a five minute walk from the hotel to the old city. I found the rooms to be very clean and the staff was very attenteive.

I will return.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Good day,

First of all, I would like to personally thank you for the time you took for the comments you wrote about your stay at the Delta Québec. Be sure that your comments have been sent forward to the leadership team of the hotel and will be taken into consideration. Your opinion is important for our establishment and provides us with helpful hints about what we can do to improve the quality of our product and services. As a fact, we have started our major renovations to keep up with our customer’s expectations. Your satisfaction is the goal we are always trying to reach, as we are looking forward to be your host once again on your next visit in our gorgeous city of Quebec.

Stéphane Guy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
England
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel during a short break in Quebec in April.

My room was clean and comfortable. Members of staff were friendly and very helpful. The hotel was undergoing renovations during my visit. However, these renovations didn't affect my stay at all.

I would really recommend this hotel, as it is very convenient for the Old City. It is also close to the VIA Rail Station.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Good day,

We thank you for the time you took for giving us your opinion about our property, the Delta Québec. Do not worry, your comment will be sent forward and be taken into consideration. Your personal view of your stay is our greatest tool for our own improvement, as it is considered with uttermost care. As a fact, following our guests’ comments, we have started major renovations in our hotel. I can assure you that your good words will be passed along to our whole team. Thank you very much for your constructive words and we hope to host you again on your next visit to the fantastic Quebec City.

Nova Scotia
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stay here often, but this was our first experience of the newly renovated rooms. They are exceptionally attractive with very convenient amenities, plugs, hand-held shower, etc.
The breakfast buffet is excellent and the rolled crepes in real maple syrup are wonderful!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the St. Lawrence are fun. The Signature Club is very special.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

It is always a pleasure to read a constructive comment as the one you wrote about our establishment, the Delta Québec. I have personally taken your comment up to the leadership team of our hotel, as they will take it with the consideration it deserves. Your comment is the key to our evolution, as it provides us with specific and clear hints on what we must continue to work on. We are eager to host you once again on your next trip to the wonderful city of Quebec..!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Sorry, but, count me among the unimpressed.

Sometimes with a hotel you're not quite sure what went wrong but the feeling is off.

My boyfriend and I arrived here two hours in advance of our reservation. Not that I expect everyone in my life to be accommodating but when I had made the reservation I had mentioned the possibility of arriving early and had been assured that would not be a problem.

On arrival we were greeted noncommittally by a female staff member. I inquired that although we were a bit early would it be possible to have the room early. She immediately said it would not be, then proceeded directly into an up-sell for their signature rooms/club Mode floor for an extra 50 dollars a night including breakfast.

Having lived my entire life in NYC and having worked in sales although I had appreciation for her quick up-selling from a business perspective--- as a guest checking in it made me feel like a cash-cow. Not pleasant.

I probably would have even considered the option if presented in a different way. Not even to mention that later having ordered room service for breakfast and dinner both meals were around 40 dollars ordering exactly what we wanted.

So as to avoid my review becoming biased based on the shoddy reception experience I will break it down to things done right and things done wrong. For our non club-mode room on the 8th floor.

Done right:

-The hotel has a setup called "smart desk" providing almost every cable you could need for connecting electronic devices to the in-room TV. We connected a netbook to watch movies
- Philosophy brand toiletries. Excellent for avoiding bringing bottles from home. Easy on travel in the TSA-you're-gonna-kill-us-with-shampoo-era.
-Plenty of counter space in the bathroom.
-Service once checked in - we had excellent room service, maid service and extra towels delivered when needed regardless of the hour.
-Room service was actually well-prepared and delicious.

Done wrong:

-Reception at check-in (see above)
-Although the "mode rooms" are redone and modern, the carpet was pretty drab as was the ceiling.The art reminded me of the ice cubes from coca-cola ads up-close. A whole lot of brown, white and fall type hues. Not cheery at all.
-Our room was very small and strangely shaped.
-The windows do not open and for this reason it kind of felt like being in a soviet apartment block.
-Our "panoramic view" was of the hotels tiny pool. Not a cityscape. Not really worth the extra money.

Comments with no home:

-As mentioned in other reviews reception is on the third floor. An interesting setup.
-Every staff member we spoke with spoke English. A big plus if your French is so-so.
-This hotel is outside the city walls. This is a plus if you want to experience the less-touristy areas. But, a minus if your stays focus is on the historical elements of QC. In the 80 degree summer, walking into old town every day for things we wanted to see wasn't so pleasant.

Overall impression: I think next time we will opt for a hotel inside the walls. Minus the absence of a pool, the pluses in overall feel have to be worth it.

Quebec city itself was gorgeous though!

1 Thank Lissa T
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Good day,

I would like to apologize for my establishment and my whole team, and thank you for the time you have given us to let us know how you felt in your stay in our property, the Delta Québec. I must admit that this is not a normal case at the Delta Québec, and we are deeply sorry for what happened during your stay. Your constructive comment helps us to improve the quality of our product and services, as we are going through the situation to avoid the repetition of this case. I invite you to try again our establishment on your next visit to the splendid Quebec City, which will be different, as we are doing major renovations in our whole property, and we will be more-than-ready to welcome you up to your expectations.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We were not sure what to expect after reading many of the reviews about this hotel. We chose this hotel because of its location and because we were able to use Aeroplan miles for our 2 night stay.
Yes, the hotel is an older hotel and the entrance of the hotel is unique due to the hill the the hotel backs on. You enter the hotel and pass the concierge desk and take an escalator up to levels to the main reception area, elevators and restaurants. The hotel is well signed and can't be missed.
The hotel check in was very quick and smooth. After reading the reviews on here about the new renovated rooms vs the older rooms, we decided to upgrade for $35.00 per night for a renovated room. I think the 8th floor that we were on was all renovated and the hallway carpet was new and clean as well. We were glad that we did. The room was clean, nice modern decor and a new comfortable king size bed. The AC worked well and the bed linens were nice. We also tried out the outdoor pool which is a bit small for such a large hotel but it was never that busy. The hotel is located a short walk downhill to old Quebec and just 2 streets uphill is a great street with wonderful restaurants. We also checked out Cirque de Soliel Amaluna which was incredible as expected. Our check out was quick and the concierge got us a taxi to the airport right away. I would definately recommend this hotel. I don't know what the older rooms are like but he renovated rooms are worth the extra $35.00. One hint....bring your comfortable shoes and prepare for lots of walking up and downhill.

Room Tip: we stayed in 814, a renovated room.
1 Thank Dwyrwas
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Good day

We wish to thank you for taking the time to complete your comment following your recent stay at the Delta Québec. Please rest assured that your comments have been taken into consideration. Your feedback is of the utmost importance as it provides insight in order for us to improve the quality of our product and services. I can assure you that we will pass along your good words. We look forward to hosting you once again on your next visit to the beautiful Quebec City, in our new Delta Quebec Hotel, as we actually are renovating the hotel.

Gibraltar
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Good clean, basic room. Friendly and helpful staff. Central hotel to monuments, restaurants and shops. Located within the walled city. All historic places to visit, very interesting. You can walk on the wall and within walking distance of Parliament Building where at 10 pm in the evening they do a light display, worth watching it. Walking distance to lots of monuments and also to restaurants, markets and shopping. From this hotel you can get transport to the Montmorency Falls which are quite spectacular.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Good day,

We would like to thank you for your personal view of your stay at the Delta Québec. In fact, this comment will definitely help our improvement toward the future. Furthermore, we have sent forward your comment to the leadership team, as your satisfaction is our top priority, at any time. It was a pleasure to be your host in the marvellous Quebec City, and we would love to welcome you again in your next trip to the capital of Quebec, in our new Delta Quebec Hotel, as our hotel is going through major renovations.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The first impression upon arrival at this hotel is not inspirational. The main entrance of the hotel is utility in look and is eclipsed by the car rental sign. It is dirty with litter and poor gardens to the front entrance. The public areas look tired, and not too clean; the toilets in the reception were certainly in need of a deep clean. The hotel has a prison look with concrete walls in mainy areas. A skim of plaster and a coat of paint would improve the look at relatively little expense.

The room was a good size but the double bed was small and the bathroom, like the bedroom was dated and tired. The view from the window was spoiled a little by the dirty windows.

The breakfast was one of the worst we have experienced. Poor choice, a toaster that did not work on the first day, iced butter you could not spread and altogether extremely poor quality, like the rest of the hotel.

The drinks in the hotel bar are complimented by a small selection of nibbles, but of course the drinks are hotel city prices, $9 for a beer.

The Wi-fi service was instant and fast and worked in the room, there was no other IT connectivity in the room.

Overall the location in this beautiful city is the only reason to choose the lack luster and dated Delta Quebec.

From other reviews it looks like the renovation is ongoing but we certainly saw no evidence of it.

2 Thank StuartRon