First, I have to say that we did get this hotel through Hotwire, so it was at a discounted rate. The hotel is in an excellent location along with the Hilton and the Marriott. Valet parking was a breeze and parking cost $24/day with in/out privileges.
We stayed on the 4th floor and were put in handicapped rooms. This meant that the toilet was raised quite high and I had to straddle it like I was on a throne. The room was small and extremely dated and in need of repair. My husband always comes prepared, so he fixed the shower head that focused it's stream down and to the back of the tub. The floor was always a lake after a shower even after the head was fixed. This made the floor extremely slippery and quite dangerous. The floor mat was never enough to hold all the water. We had to request regular coffee every day because it was never re-stocked. We even ran out of toilet paper. With two rolls in the bathroom, how is it possible to miss the fact that one is completely empty and the other near empty. Bizarre.
Thankfully we were ONLY on the 4th floor (one floor above reception) because there are 4 elevators of which two only go up and two only go down. They were very slow. We always took the stairs (which were filled with cigarette butts).
There is an outdoor pool, but we never used it so can't comment.
There were no robes in the room, but once we requested them, they showed up immediately and they were really nice quality and a good size.
The bed was quite comfortable and the pillows were comfy as well. My husband found them too high as he sleeps with a CPAP and the height of the pillow interfered with the machine.
The carpet in the hallway was filty the first couple of days we were there, but on the third day we noticed that it had been vacuumed.
We did have drinks in the lounge when we first arrived. Two draught beers and two glasses of wine came to $52, which seems a little high. Never ate in the hotel so can't comment on food.
There is no fridge in the room and the ice machine stopped working so we had to go to another floor. Not a big deal just a nuisance. Small, little things just kept adding up.
Check in and check out were fine and they were quite friendly and hospitable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delta Hotels Quebec is located in the heart of the Old Town district and adjacent to the Quebec City Convention Centre. Located downtown, in the heart of the city's Old Town district, our hotel is just moments from a wide range of notable attractions. Inside our hotel, something very new is happening: we've remodeled our guest rooms with a sleek, intuitive and contemporary design tailored to the needs of today's traveler. With a winning combination of comfort and convenience, our hotel is ideal for both work and play. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Delta Hotel Quebec City
- Hotel Delta Quebec
- Quebec City Delta
- Delta Hotels By Marriott Quebec Quebec City