“Wouldn't Go Back”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec
Ranked #42 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 22 February 2014

First, I have to say that we did get this hotel through Hotwire, so it was at a discounted rate. The hotel is in an excellent location along with the Hilton and the Marriott. Valet parking was a breeze and parking cost $24/day with in/out privileges.
We stayed on the 4th floor and were put in handicapped rooms. This meant that the toilet was raised quite high and I had to straddle it like I was on a throne. The room was small and extremely dated and in need of repair. My husband always comes prepared, so he fixed the shower head that focused it's stream down and to the back of the tub. The floor was always a lake after a shower even after the head was fixed. This made the floor extremely slippery and quite dangerous. The floor mat was never enough to hold all the water. We had to request regular coffee every day because it was never re-stocked. We even ran out of toilet paper. With two rolls in the bathroom, how is it possible to miss the fact that one is completely empty and the other near empty. Bizarre.
Thankfully we were ONLY on the 4th floor (one floor above reception) because there are 4 elevators of which two only go up and two only go down. They were very slow. We always took the stairs (which were filled with cigarette butts).
There is an outdoor pool, but we never used it so can't comment.
There were no robes in the room, but once we requested them, they showed up immediately and they were really nice quality and a good size.
The bed was quite comfortable and the pillows were comfy as well. My husband found them too high as he sleeps with a CPAP and the height of the pillow interfered with the machine.
The carpet in the hallway was filty the first couple of days we were there, but on the third day we noticed that it had been vacuumed.
We did have drinks in the lounge when we first arrived. Two draught beers and two glasses of wine came to $52, which seems a little high. Never ate in the hotel so can't comment on food.
There is no fridge in the room and the ice machine stopped working so we had to go to another floor. Not a big deal just a nuisance. Small, little things just kept adding up.
Check in and check out were fine and they were quite friendly and hospitable.

Room Tip: Ask for their renovated rooms that they advertise that they have.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Other than an awesome view from our room, wonderful pillows to sleep on, the hotel meet our basic needs. Because we booked through hotwire we got the "un-modern room" which was kind of funny, so our room seemed like a step up from a hostel. Housekeeping was not consistent; first night we called front desk because we had less than 1/4 roll of toilet paper, they kept leaving decaf coffee, and they did not replenish the Kleenex even after I pulled the empty box out. Front desk was very apologetic and made sure items missing or items running low were replenished quickly. Parking was extra but valet or self parking were the same price so not bad there. We did get charged for making 2 local calls which I thought was nuts but they did remove the charge upon checkout. I have stayed at other Delta's without much issue, would I stay here again, I'm not sure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

The delta is located within walking distance of all the key things you want to see. They have underground parking (extra cost) if you drive in or rent a car and want to take excursions. Room was clean and seemed like it was newly updated. Staff was very helpful and supportive of my lack of French speaking abilities.

Absolutely no complaints.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel is not a bargain by any stretch of the imagination. Rocket Miles came with a promotion which gave me a couple options for an interesting miles reward so I chose the Delta on a total guess. I had never been there and it was ideally located so why not right? Well, for the price, I was not impressed much. Ordered a burger that came to my room reaaaally quickly ( 5 to 6 minutes ). I would put my hand in the fire that it was made with store bought frozen beef paddy and pre-cooked bacon that you put in the microwave. Ordered chicken wings later in the evening ( I know, healthy choices but can you actually watch the Superbowl and eat salmon? ) ; they were just plain tasteless other than a cup of what is for sure Kraft barbecue sauce and 3 of the 8 wings would actually be able to compete in the world's smallest chicken wing contest. Again, it came as a surprise since they charge good money for it.

Also, no fridge in the room or, at least, a mini bar in which I could put my previously bought ( because a single beer there will cost you the price of a six pack in a nearby convenience store ) beers for the football game. I think fridges are pretty much standard for this price range of rooms now. So are safety boxes. I mean, come on! This is a MUST have nowadays in an 150.00$ that was 220.00$ the night before, room. Last point : no point of having big screen hd tvs if you only provide analog cable signal. I mean, really? In 2014 analog signal still exists in hotels of this "caliber".

I am giving two stars because the staff was somewhat helpful even though they made a mistake on check-in it can happen to anyone, the cleanliness was good not great ( the carpet was somewhat suspicious to me but you could see it had been vacuumed and the bathroom was spotless ) and te bedding was great, very comfortable. You will hear everything ( doors, people talking, thank god I was not in a room near the elevators ) that goes on outside your room but I slept pretty well.

Would I stay there again? No, there are better and less expensive hotels out there. If location is all that counts for you, then, maybe. If you want to save 50.00$ a night and have a better room, I reviewed another hotel in Quebec city that does deliver much more bang for your buck.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank doumdoum1976
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week for a work convention. The location was great as it was literally attached to the convention centre but was also within walking distance to many must see locations and restaurants. Room was alright but walls are very thin so you hear everything and it was warm...very warm that even with -30 outside I never had need to turn on the heat! Food options are limited to one restaurant in the hotel which served probably the worst food anywhere in the city! Room service was limited and nothing after 11pm
There is no store in this hotel so if you forget anything you need to leave...also wasn't able to buy snacks, small objects or even souvenirs
The desk clerks were very helpful and gave me many choices when leaving the hotel. I recommend Café Sirroco...it was excellent

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed here with my family between Christmas and New Years. The hotel and beds where very comfortable and the location is great. Two of the gates to the old city are 3-4 block away (easy walking distance), the Parliament building is just across the street, and the Plains of Abraham are just beyond the Parliament building. Behind the hotel is Rue Saint-Jean, where there are several good restaurants. It was bitterly cold when we were there, but the pool was still open with a small building over one alcove that allowed you to enter and exit the pool without actually going outside. Sadly, we didn't prepare for this, so I'm not sure how well it really works. Another feature that I wish I had realized before I went is that there is a car rental office on the first floor of the hotel (Enterprise). Since we didn't need a car the whole time, it was nice to be able to rent one for just one day and not have the extra expense for the rest of the trip. If I had planned better, I would have reserved one in advance. As it was, the clerk there worked very hard and was able to find us a compact car that allowed us to venture outside the city. We didn't eat at the hotel, so I can comment on the restaurants there.

Room Tip: Our room faced the side street by the hotel (Rue Jean Jacques Bertrand) and there was noticeable noi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hotel is located in a really great location. Everything (shopping, site seeing, food) is within walking distance. I couldn't get the heat to lessen so we roasted all night and the food in the hotel was way overpriced. Staff was friendly and helpful. Heated outdoor pool was great since we there there in Jan. It was an average hotel except for their beds. I have a really bad back and I slept like a champ.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family