“Loved Quebec and loved this hotel.”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec
Ranked #42 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Ipswich, Suffolk
“Loved Quebec and loved this hotel.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed two nights in The Delta Quebec and wished we could have stayed longer. Quebec was a lovely city and the hotel was just right for our stay there. It was just a short walk away from the old city of Quebec which is very charming and a joy to explore.
Our room was excellent with all the facilities needed for a pleasant stay. It looked as if our room could have been recently refurbished as all the furniture was pristine and the room was very clean as was the whole hotel.
The staff were friendly and helpful. As with all the hotels we stayed in there was free Internet available.
Breakfast at the hotel was we thought a bit expensive at $18 + tax for a full buffet and $14 + tax for a continental buffet. There was a rather nice coffee shop just five minutes walk away and a supermarket in the same street where you could buy croissant and pastries. We stocked up from the supermarket and made tea or coffee in our room. As we were on a tour and didn't have much time in the mornings this worked out well for us.

1 Thank Sue Rat.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Campbellton, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed at the Delta Québec for 2 nights on May 16 and as usual really enjoyed our stay. The staff at the front desk were very helpful. The recent renovations look very nice. The location is great, close to the Vieux Québec, so there is lots to visit around the hotel. We will definitely stay there again.

1 Thank en2cas
Saurel C, Responsable réception at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for your comment; it will be a pleasure to see you again for your next vacation.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel itself is not bad and its in a good area. Close to the main down town Old Quebec strip.

They were currently under construction when we stayed with them so it was a little bit in disarray. But that's good, hotels need to upgrade to stay current I understand that.

The treatment we got from the staff when we were there was horrific. We were there for 4 days and I think we only spoke to one polite employee. I am not expecting anything extraordinary, just simple common manners. The gentleman at the door that greets you as you enter gave us a lasting bad impression from the moment we entered the hotel with his comment "What makes you think I speak English?" Yes I understand we do not speak French and I apologize if that inconvenience you, but we didn't want to be rude and just not reply to you at all.

All in all, its a nice hotel, good price, horrible in the customer service department.

2 Thank 658HappyCustomer
Saurel C, Guest Service Superviseur at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
After reading you comment I was truly suprised, It was disappointing to learn that you encountered a problem with our guest service.

I would value the opportunity to discuss this matter with you personally, at your convenience. I can be reached at 418-647-6571 and my email is saurel.cyr@deltahotels.com.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights as part of a cross Canada Tour. The hotel is currently undergoing some renovation work, but this did not detract from our enjoyment of this hotel. The room was modern and cleaned to a high standard. The bed was very comfortable, but a little high from the floor to the top of the mattress. Staff as with all Canadians we encountered were friendly and helpful. Being very close to the Parliament building, ithe hotel is in a prime location for visiting some of the city sights The old town is quite a walk away and on returning back to the hotel a few steep hills are encountered. Close to shops restaurants and supermarkets. To reach them take a shortcut through the nearby Hilton Hotel and use the escaltors to cut out a steep hill.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed for two nights in this hotel and wasn't disappointed. We had a clean, comfortable and very modern standard room which had tea/coffee making facilities. No fridge, but you can ask for one. There is a fairly comprehensive gym and a pool, the latter we used ~ it wasn't big by any stretch of the imagination and was overlooked. It had a lifeguard in attendance the whole time, but only seemed to be open from 2 - 10 pm. The Lobby is on the third floor which was being renovated, but this didn't really interfere with our needs. The reception staff were really helpful. Did not use the restaurant, so unable to comment. The hotel was in a good location for our needs and we could easily get to all the places we wanted to see. Quebec is a lovely city, particularly the old quarter and I wouldn't mind returning at some point.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Simply for your information during your stay the pool was open only from 2 to 8 pm. But for the summer it is usually open from 8h30 am to 8h30 pm.
Toronto
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I continue to make the Delta Quebec my first choice when staying in Quebec City because of the consistent quality of the rooms, their roominess and generally quietness. I always try for a signature room as the signature lounge is very convenient for morning breakfast. The staff are always friendly, both at the front desk and in the restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Reception was very friendly upon arrival and helpful throughout my trip. The hotel is in the process of renovation, but this didn't affect my stay. There were 2 sets of elevators, one to get from the street to reception/restaurant, the other to get from reception to the rooms. This was a bit inconvenient when returning from a long day out and just wanting to get to bed. There were groups of school children on my floor. After being woken the first morning to kids playing outside the door, I purchased some ear plugs and slept fine after that. The beds, especially the pillows, were very comfortable. There were a few issues with the room, including outlets and phone not working, but the outlets were fixed promptly (I didn't need the phone). To my surprise, the room still wasn't made up when I returned in the early afternoon. While I wasn't blown away, I would recommend it if you're looking for a simple place to stay in a great location (everything I wanted to see was a 20-minute walking distance).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DianaML_7
I realize you have commented your stay a long time ago now, but I would like to have a little more information so we can improve you service. Simply do not hesitate to contact me directly at 418-647-6571 or by email saurel.cyr@deltahotels.com.

Thank you again for you time.