“Serviceable”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec
Ranked #41 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This hotel was about a ten minute walk from downtown and I would stay within the old city if you are not in shape as the walk seems to be uphill both ways. The hotel was serviceable overall but our comfort would have significantly increased if there was a mini fridge in the room. We were forced to make multiple trips to the ice bucket and make ice packs for picnics we were planning. The room was comfortable with many options for technology but there were some long hairs on the floor of the bathroom and there was a small makeup stain on the top sheet of the bed. The bar staff was excellent and staff overall were helpful and polite. This hotel allows pets and we heard dogs barking at all hours as our room was in front of the elevators.

1  Thank Chantal B
Saurel C, Responsable relations clients at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

It was disappointing to learn that you encountered a problem with the cleanlyness of the room.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stayed four nights at $199 a night. My room had no fridge and opened off a corridor with one wall faced in concrete. Total bill: over $1100. How is that possible?

Well, the price reflects the location, which is perfect for enjoying Quebec's wonderful historic sights and excellent restaurants. Parking is $24 a day. Wow. Once I was desperate and had a club sandwich in the restaurant: $22 before tip. As well, taxes on the room were about $36 a day. You get the idea. If you do your homework, you can do better in one of the small private hotels dotting the old city in the surrounding blocks.

Staff were always attentive and helpful, and the bed was wonderfully comfortable. On the other hand, the hotel has an hard, institutional feel to it, a strong and unpleasant contrast to the rich vitality to the beautiful old city just below it. The TV defaulted to a squished picture and had to be reset laboriously each time I turned it on. I didn't try the pool because it was waaay too small to accommodate more than a small fraction of the number of people staying there. The elevators are inadequate, so leave early for wherever you want to go.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Barry B
Saurel C, Gérant at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

I have reviewed your comments from your stay and I realise we were not up to your expectations.

Once again my sincere apologies and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, fairly priced and well located, close to the old town and many of the sights in the city. There's a nice heated pool, the rooms are adequate (although there is no safe, which I thought was strange). We spent three nights there and generally had no issue. There's also an underground parking, which cost $24 per 24 hours... It's a tall building, if you can, ask for a room on one of the high floors, facing towards the city, the view is really nice...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nishalito

Thank you time.

For your next stay at Delta Quebec simply ask the front desk for the acces to our safe deposit box, it will be a pleasure.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Although the staff was quite nice, the overall atmosphere felt more like a Quebec government building. I realize that's because it's attached the "Centre de Congres" but I expected more of a hotel feel in the lobby and throughout the hotel.
Room was nice , but pool was terrible. For a hotel that size with that reputation, a dirty small pool like that one is unacceptable. To also only have about 10 lounge chairs with very little room around the pool is ridiculous. Very poor outdoor design. Not comfortable or relaxing at all.
Bar server named Patsy very nice and helpful.
Delta has a ways to go to get up to being worth their price. Very disappointed unfortunately. If it hadn't been for the location, I would have wanted to check out immediately.
Also very unhappy that I had to pay for my hotel parking. The price was high enough for the rooms that paying for parking is unacceptable and should be included for hotel guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view, higher up in floors if possible. We only had a view of the pool are...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Saurel C, Gérant at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Your feedback is valuable to us as it provides us the opportunity to address your specific concerns and progressively work to exceed your expectations.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed Patsy service at the bar and will be sure to share your comments with her.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I would have given this hotel a better review except they scammed us with parking! There is an underground parking lot beneath the hotel that you can pay for yourself when you leave or get the hotel to pay on your behalf. When we checked in, she kept reminding me that my boyfriend HAD to bring the parking ticket to her to have it stamped. I didn't know there was another option. Total cost of paying through the hotel was $24 (with in-and-out privileges) and it would have cost us $9 to pay the parking lot directly when we left (No in-and-out). We didn't need to have any in and out privileges so it was a total waste of money. Aside from that, the mattresses looked lumpy and I was cold with the provided bedding and had to use both duvets to keep warm. It was recently updated but the updates look cheap and are already showing their age (chips in wood, TV plug in unit is a good idea but outdated plug ins). We looked at the pool but it is very tiny with a maximum capacity of 20 people. We booked through Hotwire so I guess we got what we paid for! We will try a different hotel if we go back.

2  Thank beachgirl5432

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I thing we had a misunderstanding about the parking charges. Delta Hotel is renting Vinci park so we can make sure our client have places availably for their car. The 24$ charge is for in and out parking including bell boy service and gives you till 6 PM the day of your check out. If you pay the parking to vinci park at the exit, 9$ per weekends day and they charge extra per hours after 11h am.

If your do not want any surprises 24$ can be an option. But it is understandable in your situation the 9$ was better.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Not the best experience. Booked this hotel because it was priced cheap. Will I stay there again? Definitely not.
Pros:
1. Location is within walking distance to Old Quebec.
2. Front desk is knowledgeable and friendly.
3. Convenient parking.
4. Large room.
Cons:
1. Not enough style.
2. Rooms are not clean enough.
3.Bathroom smelled urine.
4.Bathroom ceiling had mold spots all over it.
5.May need renovation and better maintenance.
I guess we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Verzo

I have reviewed your comments and was surprised to learn that you encountered a problem with our rooms...

I would value the opportunity to discuss this matter with you personally, at your convenience. I can be reached at 418-647-6571 and my email is saurel.cyr@deltahotels.com. I would like to now the room number so we can take action.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Don't be put off by the unusual entrance to the reception, this this is a lovely hotel to stay in whilst you visit Quebec. We were fortunate enough to be ungraded to the signature rooms on levels 11 and 12. This included a free continental breakfast and a free small evening buffet. The breakfast was to a very high standard, especially the pastries, when you consider it was free! The rooms, although a little small, were very well decorated and spotlessly clean. Small details such as leaving cold water and chocolates in the evening were very welcoming. I understand the swimming pool could not be used past 8.30 but it was a shame that the gym also closed at this time. The location of the hotel, just outside the city walls was very convenient and we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Signature level rooms on floors 11+12 can be purchased at a small premium.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Simpson71
Marc D, Director of Operations at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience through the TripAdvisor site. We are delighted you enjoyed your upgrade to our newly renovated Mode Club rooms.

We do hope that you return and stay with us again, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards,