“Outstanding!”

Ranked #32 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My family and I have been staying at the Chateau Bonne Entente for many years now and we totally love it... The service, the food, the atmosphere are outstanding... Their facilities for children are amazing...

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I been going to Chateau Bonne Entente for the last five years,I could tell you this place is very cozy and friendly and very clean .Im very surprised of the comment I read about the bed bugs,which is very hard for me to believe.The rooms are spotless!!!

Room Tip: If like modern rooms ,Urbania and Terzo rooms !!!!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Rocky River, Ohio
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Hotel nice looking, good restaurant. Near airport. Did not like the bedbugs in the bed - had bites all over on return home. Lack of an elevator was rather astonishing.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank supersurg
chapeau, quebec
Reviewed 16 February 2011

My husband, two young boys, and I just spent 5 nights at Chateau Bonne Entente in the Urbania section of the hotel. We really appreciated that we could have the comfort of a five-star hotel without the attitude that often accompanies it. In other words, this hotel was full of wonderful, warm and attentive staff people which really elevate the five-star hotel experience. From the men who drove the shuttle bus, to the front desk staff, waiters, and beyond, we couldn't have asked for friendlier or more knowledgeable people.
Urbania has terrific, roomy bedroom suites with bathrooms and accessories that are so nice that I didn't mind that I wasn't able to join the rest of my family in the hot tub. We were always treated to great food, very thoughtfully prepared, whether in the restaurant, or as part of the Urbania package which includes breakfast, cocktails and a night cap (all of which is delicious, fresh and plentiful).
As a family, we had many things to do within the hotel and also in 'old' Quebec city. There was never a dull moment (did I mention the childrens 'fun club') and we look forward to returning to Chateau Bonne Entente during warm weather to enjoy the hotel, and the city during the warmer months as well.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jsproule2
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 December 2010

First time to this property! Didn't know it existed. Last trip to QC maybe six years ago on business. Here for surprise party for friend of family. Came in on Friday with girlfriend for a night on either side of Saturday night party at the hotel. First, the party Saturday night was great. 65-70 people; reception in a fab living room with fireplace; great wine and appetizers. Service great. Moved to private room, served an excellent multi course dinner, dancing, private bar and again, great staff who seemed to be enjoying themselves as much as our group! Smiles are contagious! As for my girlfriend and I, the room in the section of the Hotel past the Ball room (I think it's called Urbania?) was incredible. The shower had 6 body sprays, a rain head and a hand held. The bed was so comfortable I want to buy one!!! Pillow, sheets, also excellent, and we both loved the aroma therapy products in the bathrooms. The Friday afternoon massages at the hotels spa were much needed. Hotel driver dropped us off at a nice club downtown Friday night after getting a lite meal at the Hotel bar. Speaking of which, I love bars and the bartenders at this hotel were great! That's all I have to say in that regard! Girlfriend loved the wine list in the formal dinning room on Sunday! Bit of a wine snob so that was important to her!!! Dinner Sunday Fabulous with the "great" wine!!! Ok so the weather had something to do with my final comment....however, there is no more beautiful place than the courtyard/garden in the center of this hotel, with it's beautiful twinkling christmas lights on all the trees, draped in a blanket of white, while one sips wine, sitting in an outdoor hot tub in the middle of it all.....oh, and did I happen to mention.....while it's snowing!! A true Quebec winter wonderland. We'll be back! Phillie is not so nice this time of year!!! Happy Holidays!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
pabamarky, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bonne Entente, responded to this review, 17 December 2010
Good morning,
On behalf of the General Manager and the entire team of the Chateau Bonne Entente, we would like to thank you for your wonderful review. Your comments are a source of motivation for us. We hope to have the chance to see you again at our hotel. Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Pascale Banville
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2010

A recent review in the Montreal Gazette was a very positive stating that this was one of two 5 star resort in Quebec city. Thus I went there with high expectations and quite excited about our 4 day meeting at Chateau Bonne Entente.
Upon my arrival at 8h30 at night there was no doorman to open the heavy doors with my luggage, then I had to lug my bags up the stairs to my room.
The rooms are large but slightly dated. The carpet was frayed right near the entrance with the plywood visible. The bathroom was extremely large with a pedestal bath with a hand held shower. The curtains did not close all around and the whole bathroom was soaked whatever you did!
I must admit that the food was fantastic but the service was slow and occasionally unpleasant which left me unsatisfied with the experience.
This is an overated hotel and should be reviewed appropriately.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank micropleb
NJ
Reviewed 28 September 2010

This hotel offers everything you could want for a holiday stay. The hotel is on beautiful grounds which house their pool and jacuzzi; the room and bathroom were modern and spotless with a space-capsule shower that covered you from every angle. The staff was attentive and courteous and recommended our favorite restaurant...Bistro La Cohoe, just 1 mile away. We ate here 3 times during our 4 night stay and each meal was excellent. We used the hotels very convenient and always on time shuttle into Quebec City . We had a wonderful deal for a room with a shower that did not include breakfast and found their prices better than any in the area and worth all that it cost. Food prices seemed high so after one breakfast buffet we choose to eat at simple breakfast places in walking distance and dinner places a short drive away. This is definitely a wonderful holiday experience!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple