We were to spend two nights at this hotel. Knew it would rain and decided it would be best to stay in a big, full service hotel. Looked good on the outside. (Husband says it is a "beetle"). Knowing I had a mobility issue, I asked if there would be a problem. They assured me there was an elevator. Little did we suspect it was the freight elevator on the far side of where we were to stay. They said the tub had a shower. Little did we know that the tub was a clawfoot up above the floor with a giant shower curtain wrapped around it and it was almost in the middle of the room. No safety rails of course and hard to enter. Honeymoon suite, my foot! So they moved us to another room. The first thing we noticed were the huge stains on the nice carpet. Then later we found that there was not a decent lamp in the room. 15 watts perhaps. Had to put books or city maps directly under the lamp in order to barely read. The room had a "view" of a roof. The windows were tiny. The place dim and so depressing I started crying. (beiges and browns). We had decided to not stay in a tiny room in downtown old Quebec city. The next day after we escaped, from the Bonne Entente, we stopped in at that hotel. The room was tiny but cheerful! We would have been cramped but Happy! And in the best part of the city. Also these people (Bonne Entente) offered a "shuttle to the old city". Humbug. Had to make reservations for it. And it only went to the old dock area. You had to walk to a funincular which took you to an area on the outskirts of where you wanted to be (several blocks away on Sainte Jean street where it was colorful and noisy with happy crowds). We really goofed with this one. I will give them credit for a fabulous breakfast buffet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Le Bonne Entente, an elegant five-star, four-diamond located in the Business District, allows you to discover Quebec City and major attractions. The hotel will enchant you with its gardens, beautifully landscaped, swimming pool, fitness, jacuzzi open year round and Amerispa. The hotel is only 5 minutes from the airport, near Old Quebec City, and within close proximity to the museum, theatre, golf La Tempête, and skiing. Shuttle service available, reservation is necessary, contact reception for schedule and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Le Bonne Entente reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Bonne Entente Hotel Quebec City
- Chateau Bonne Entente Sainte Foy
- Hotel Le Bonne Entente Quebec/Quebec City