I had the deluxe room which was absolutely beautiful, peaceful modern decor (you can even choose between light and dark wood!), fabulous bathroom, great toiletteries etc. It is probably the nicest or one of the nicest hotels in the Ste Foy area where there are mostly older motel types. The location is excellent - right across the street from Place Laurier which has 350 stores, followed by Place de la Cite and then Place Ste Foy (I personally liked that mall the best). They do not have an exercise room but do have privileges with club entrain which is in Place de la Cite - there is a charge of 7$ plus tax. What truly set this place apart from the many other hotels in which I have stayed the last several years, is the service. I am so tired of noncaring employees, rude service etc. Every single person working in this hotel was polite, professional, and went the extra mile to be helpful and caring. It was quite amazing. I required a lot of help from the concierge before I arrived - I had to book a driver and limousine and until the last moment was not sure as to where I needed to go or what train station was best for my arrival etc. Stephanie took care of everything and made all the arrangements - she was super. The driver was super as well - Richard Penney at Limousine A1. After my business appointment was over - I asked him to show me around. He is extremely knowledgeable about the history and the area and took me everywhere, to the old city, ile d'orleans, montmorency falls, you name it - it was money well spent. Back to the hotel staff.... each night they turn down the bed, leave chocolates, and leave a card telling you the weather for the next day --- lots of little touches that make you feel pampered. I had the message in the room - also a wonderful experience. Although not in the heart of the old quebec city, it was a quick cab ride there - and cost about $20. You can also take the bus if you wish.
If I had to identify some negatives, they would be: There is a service charge to use the phone and long distance service charges that did not make it a wise choice to make my calls from the room. I would have liked to be in bed and be able to call home etc. There is a coffee pot in the room but the coffee is in the honor bar tray and there is a charge for that. They had free green apples left each day in the hallway on a tray for the floor - I would have preferred a free pot of coffee each day.
On the whole, it was a safe, clean, relaxing place and I recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Being ALTernative means moving in new directionsALT is the balance between modernity, a dynamic and colourful ambience, comfort, and well-thought out location.At ALT, eco-responsability means doing away with room service, valets and doormen: ALT focuses on your needs, on the essential things that bring added value to your stay.Our "service light" approach allows us to offer guests a unique rate: the same price, every day, all year round!When you choose ALT, you are opting for a hotel with centralized free WiFi access and much more!The ALT Hotel banner belongs to Groupe Germain Hospitality, a Canadian family owned company, pioneer of the Hotel-boutique concept, with its headquarters in Quebec City ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel ALT Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alt Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Alt Quebec City
- Alt Hotel Quebec City
- Hotel ALT Quebec Quebec City