Picked this hotel based on reviews on this site, the reviews I read were accurate and helpful.
Location: Obviously not in the center of Old Quebec... it's in the burbs! But it's not too bad. The ride from the airport is closer, it was $18 (as opposed to the $30 flat rate to downtown). It's on a really main boulevard with a very convenient and frequent bus (#800/801) downtown (15 minute ride, $2.50 one way). We took the Viarail train to Montreal and there is a stop in Saint Foy, that is close to the hotel (5 minute -$6 cab ride) so that was convenient too. So the location didn't bother us at all.
Hotel is ultra "modern". Our room had a very high ceiling with a very clean linear look . The look is not what I would do with my house, but it was fun for a weekend. The bathroom is spare, but functional (great waterpressure!). Very comfortable and well appointed room. Great for buisiness travelers, with a full desk and free internet (why can't all hotels have free wi-fi?!?!?)
Service was flawless, bilingual and friendly. Restaurant/room service was reasonable and tasty (only had breakfast).
So overall, a great stay. One of the cheaper places we saw. (though - across the street/ and near-by there seemed to be cheaper places which I'd consider staying at if we went again, if money were an issue). But, for the money, you get a very clean, modern room with good service and a decent location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Being ALTernative means moving in new directionsALT is the balance between modernity, a dynamic and colourful ambience, comfort, and well-thought out location.At ALT, eco-responsability means doing away with room service, valets and doormen: ALT focuses on your needs, on the essential things that bring added value to your stay.Our "service light" approach allows us to offer guests a unique rate: the same price, every day, all year round!When you choose ALT, you are opting for a hotel with centralized free WiFi access and much more!The ALT Hotel banner belongs to Groupe Germain Hospitality, a Canadian family owned company, pioneer of the Hotel-boutique concept, with its headquarters in Quebec City ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel ALT Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alt Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Alt Quebec City
- Alt Hotel Quebec City
- Hotel ALT Quebec Quebec City