“Nice Boutique Hotel”
Review of Hotel Plaza Quebec

Hotel Plaza Quebec
Ranked #58 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Rooms of this hotel were uplifting and very cute. Combination of colorful interiors combined with nice paintings. From the exterior of the hotel you wouldn't think they had such nice rooms. Hotel also had a pool but the water was too cold to dip in considering it was already Fall.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 October 2011

I stayed at the PLAZA for a trip for my daughters class and it was very beautiful amazing pool very silent and refreshing to stay even though we were never really at the hotel but at night it was so amaziing i though it would be noisey and terrible for a class trip bubt it was suprisingly awsome and cool for a class trip lots to do also !!!!!!! <3<3 :):)

Room Tip: corner suits are very sunny and huge i had amazingn time iin it!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2011

It was our first visit and we will go back for sure. It is spacious, clean and affordable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the pool have a balcony. It is an inside pool.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed here whilst on a bus tour to Quebec City. When we arrived to our room we were surprised. The rooms look to be newly renovated. I thought it was spacious, with modern/burlesque style features. Room and bathroom was quite clean as well! Although instead of having individual shampoo and conditioner etc they have dispensers.

Room has free wifi and flat screen tv. Didn't get to try the restaurant but had a quick coffee and croissant at the little cafe. It was nice but perhaps overpriced. Hotel seemed a little far from Vieux Quebec (maybe 20-30mins). So we didn't end up going out. For dinner options, try walking toward "The Bay" shopping centre across the road. There are newly built buildings with excellent restaurants. We found one called "Calao" which was excellent (you can read my review).

Had a walk around the swimming pool (which is located in the middle of the hotel. Some rooms have balconies that overlook the pool). Pool looked nice but was quite busy. I would imagine it could be noisy for guests who had those rooms.

Overall, we had a very comfortable stay. It's a good hotel but I suppose I would prefer to stay somewhere closer to the old city. I was informed that you can get there by shuttle (costs about 3CAD and runs til 3 or 4am).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tracey2586
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I've stayed at this hotel 2-3 times on business, and this time it was for both business and personal.

Recently, we stayed during Festival d'Ete, so reasonably-priced hotel rooms in the city were hard to come by and we probably paid a premium as a result ($165 before tax for 1 queen + murphey bed). It seemed they are also in the process of renovations. All the rooms on our floor appeared to have new fixtures, and the hallways were packed with those waiting to be installed. While the rooms looked very nice, they had some odd features.

- Murphey bed??? Instead of a comfortable sofa, there was this awkward seat that folded in when the bed was pulled down. Is this an attempt to sleep more people in the hotel without having more actual bed?
- Plug-ins. We could only find 3 outlets in the room. Not convenient for travelling with computers.
- No fan in the bathroom
- Towels are puny and thin
- 'balcony' rooms have doors that open to small balcony overlooking the pool. Good for families wanting to watch their kids in the pool, not good for business travellers wanting to sleep.
- laminate floors - only ever had this in a St Hyacinthe hotel
- Giant burlesque picture and red lighting... nothing more needs to be said

Bed was super comfortable though and there was a fridge. It's also a convenient location for getting in & out of the city, near the 73 Sud.

It was pretty noisy from the hallways, and we could hear lots of kids running through the halls. We watched a movie, and it cut out several times.

We didn't use the pool or eat in the restaurant, so we can not comment on either.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter stay, probably ask you NOT get a balcony room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Nice place to stay. close to everythings. Nice pool, very clean hotel. i recommand

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Wanting to find a place to bring my kids with me during a business trip to Quebec, I was enticed by this hotel's promise. The hotel did not present itself well when we arrived as it was reeking so much with the smell of chlorine that it made me dizzy. The room was small, I've had better at cheaper prices. It had modern decor and free Internet but the bathroom was small and without exhaust so you need to keep the sliding door open to remove humidity. I called to confirm if we were at the right room for the price I paid and we were! Dinner at the restaurant Ginger was terrible. Service was ssssllloooww....I was feeling bad for my kids when Mickey Mouse showed up with Cinderella and so that saved the day! Made a mental note though not to dine there for dinner the next day. Breakfast the following day was disappointing if not for the steady flow of coffee from our server. But the restaurant furniture in that inner room needs serious cleaning, if not total replacement. The activities for kids were interesting especially the magic show which I did not see since I was working but my kids marveled about it for a good amount if time. In the end I would say they had a nice time but I had to keep them from the pool that did not look clean but still had a lot of patrons, and from touching everything due to cleanliness issues.

• Stayed: March 2011