“Wouldn't miss this if your are staying in the area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marche du Vieux-Port de Quebec

Marche du Vieux-Port de Quebec
Ranked #2 of 73 Shopping in Quebec City
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular marketplace is located near the city's revitalized Old Port area.
Rochester, Minnesota
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Wouldn't miss this if your are staying in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Fall, so produce is at its premium stage, that being said - this market is beautiful. Selection of vegetables, fruit, meat, tea, and many other is just awesome. We picked up a few blueberries for breakfast, apples to snack on while we walked. Many tempting foods!

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
San Antonio, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Maple syrup in cans; excellent macarons”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We love grade B maple syrup. In Quebec, it is called fonce (dark). We bought 8 540mL cans for $55, which we thought was a deal. We also enjoyed some macarons, other pastry, and coffee. And the bleuets sauvages (wild blueberries) were a special treat.

This is a market where it seems like people are selling their own goods rather just re-selling wholesale produce.

Visited August 2013
Toronto
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Grazing for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

This was a complete surprise as we took a break from the antique and art shops on Rue Saint-Paul and decided to look around. By combining things from at least 5 different shops we came up with a great lunch of smoked duck breast, artisanal sausage, bread, fruit and some microbrews. In a city with great restaurants this was another enjoyable way to have lunch in a relaxed manner. I would definitely drop in with a plan to eat on my next trip.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank DKinTO
Saint Louis, Missouri
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Nice City Market - Glad I did it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Worth the time. I went during the Christmas season and the market was packed with delicious items and gifts. Ending up with some absolutely delicious apple butter and maple apple wine. Also bought some beautiful hand embroidered tablecloths that were reasonably priced. Also had a very good macaron bakery and an amazing cheese store. At the holidays, the market was packed but worth working the crowds. Also had several stands selling holiday ornaments. My niece and I both loved the experience.

Visited January 2013
Columbus, Ohio
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“For me this was at the top of my list of places to see in QC.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This market was at the top of my list for a visit while in Ville de Quebec. There were seafood vendors, wine and cider vendors, a cheese merchant, lots of maple syrup products and more. I bought a lot of maple syrup products and I'm glad that I did because it had the largest selection of any other place that I would encounter on my trip. The little tiny shrimp I purchased were hands down the best shrimp I've ever had bar none! They just melt in your mouth and need nothing other than a fork. I couldn't t get close enough to the charcuterie vendor as they were nearly being mobbed with customers. One strange thing was a total lack of a bread vendor, that was a surprise because my initial goal was to have a crusty loaf and some local cheese for dinner. Not possible! The market isn't as big I was expecting. The place to eat there was closed for renovations at the time. I do highly recommend this market for someone who wants to sample the local flavors as I always do whenever visiting a new place.

Visited July 2013