“Lunch, Breakfast and Free Parking” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marche du Vieux-Port de Quebec

Marche du Vieux-Port de Quebec
Ranked #2 of 73 Shopping in Quebec City
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular marketplace is located near the city's revitalized Old Port area.
Savannah, Georgia USA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Lunch, Breakfast and Free Parking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

One thing I like about Quebec City is that it has a market. The market is modern, but still very nice. Many vendors from Isle d"Orleans come to sell their meat, eggs, vegetables, and flowers. My family hoped for a traditional patisserie or boulangerie, but we could not find one. The market was a good place to fill our cravings for good coffee, pain au chocolate, and other goodies. We stopped each morning for breakfast and one day picked up lunch (bread, cheese, veggies, etc.). You can walk there (it is safe walking from Old Quebec) and my kids love the place. It is on the harbor and has a nice place to eat your goodies. They have everything from flowers, to vegetables to ice cider. One tip: if you buy something, as for a parking validation sticker. This place saved me a lot of money and helped some local growers. It is a win, win. I wish I was here in July and August when the fruit was being harvested!!!!!!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank kidsgotoo

• Korean first
Stamford, Connecticut
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great Little Farmer's Market with Some Excellent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a small, but wonderful mostly food market, with approximately 25-30 different vendors serving up exotic cheeses, cured meats, pastries, seafood, as well as wines and appertifs. The market is open weekdays from 9:00AM-6:00PM and to 5:00PM on weekends. Most of the stalls are cash only, so come prepared with cash. My spouse and I came everyday we were in QC to pickup meat, cheese, and bread for a picnic lunch in the park. The pastry shop features chocolates and pastries from Praline et Chocolat, considered to be some of the best in QC. The market is within walking distance from the old town, and is quite manageable to walk through in about half an hour.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Tarek R
Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A Must When In QC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This market was one of the highlights of my trip to QC. Local farmers, producers, artists and craftsman bring their goods and set up stalls in an indoor market place in the old port area. The specialty foods for sale were impressive from locally made maple syrup and butter (which tasted like a delicious ice cream and could be bought to sample in small ice cream cones!), canned foie gras terrines plus wines and port by De Lavoie a small winery in Quebec. Many locals were lined up to buy fresh crab and seafood, cheese and home made butter. The patisserie was amazing and the stand with freshly made beignes were hard to resist. This was definitely a highlight of my trip and I came home laden with locally produced gifts for my friends.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Shyana212
Lexington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pick up great dinner & treats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Tired of restaurants & crowds? Pick up homemade pastas & sauces -- great food at Pates Fraiches et Cie, We had a nearby vacation rental condo where we could do the minimal preparation required.

Because it's May, the variety of fruit/veggies was limited but were able to buy fresh carrots, lettuce, tomatoes. [a prior visit in August yielded great variety of berries & veggies].

Plan on being mesmerized by cheese & chocolate.

Visited May 2014
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Looking For Locale Products it The Place to Go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was looking for local wines and other foods and found what I was looking for at the Old Port Market. It was quit when I went but I'm sure in tourist season it is packed of vendors.

Visited May 2014